Photobucket has disabled third party hosting

I think you have to PM Leebo which I just did.
It seems like my photos on my build thread are okay now, but a photo I posted on someone else's thread recently, has the 3rd party block.
I would like my photos on my build thread preserved. How would I go about doing that?

I was just looking at your build thread, and the photos are gone. One thing you can do is go to photobucket and download the photos back to your computer, then add them to the TFP photo gallery, and link to the photos from there.

I can see my photos... you can't see them?

I just checked your build thread, too. I see only the first 2 or 3 you may have posted using TFP's picture links (your plan drawings), then the rest are the hostage notes. (except for photos posted by others).

This all really stinks. It's like I spent hours and hours journaling a big, long event in my life, and they kidnapped my journal. I did the work! Maybe I used their 'paper', but they told me I could. Even typing that shouts out how ridiculous this is. Thieves! Sorry, I'll stop my rant....

I used photobucket to backup my photos, and to host photos here prior to photo gallery. I am now in the process of backing everything up to Google photos. I am going to have to track down the few photos I posted here and replace them. I can't imagine having to replace the photos in a big build thread!

So Zea, you are locked out of your photobucket page? No signing in, no pictures to see in your bucket?

I guess I'm lucky. I couldn't see my pictures on pb at first, but later I could. If I click on them, I get the hostage note, but I can still save to my phone. It looks like I can still copy to clipboard then copy the IMG code to paste elsewhere, but that doesn't work to paste on TFP. No luck seeing my posted photos on my build or other threads.

It sounds like you're making good progress. I have about 350 TFP posted photos saved on my phone (many posted several times), so that's a relief. I'm waiting to try to fix my build thread hoping pb will release the hostages. How absurd is that!! If not, I'll repair what I can bit by bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So Zea, you are locked out of your photobucket page? No signing in, no pictures to see in your bucket?

I guess I'm lucky. I couldn't see my pictures on pb at first, but later I could. If I click on them, I get the hostage note, but I can still save to my phone. It looks like I can still copy to clipboard then copy the IMG code to paste elsewhere, but that doesn't work to paste on TFP. No luck seeing my posted photos on my build or other threads.

It sounds like you're making good progress. I have about 350 TFP posted photos saved on my phone (many posted several times), so that's a relief. I'm waiting to try to fix my build thread hoping pb will release the hostages. How absurd is that!! If not, I'll repair what I can bit by bit.
I'm not locked out of it, I just don't trust them anymore. I hate wading through all the ads to look at my pictures, and who knows when they will decide to charge just for photo storage? Their iphone app is garbage that doesn't work half the time. I'm just done with them!

Hi, so is there an app for iphone where I can up load photos to the TFP gallery? I am a little technically challenged especially after a few adult beverages:cheers:

Hi, so is there an app for iphone where I can up load photos to the TFP gallery? I am a little technically challenged especially after a few adult beverages:cheers:

No. Unfortunately the Gallery is in it's infancy and so the only "easy" way to upload photos to it is through the website using a traditional comp-u-tater. Tablets seem to work ok, but mobile phones don't work so well.

Photobucket.jpg

Good move PhotoBucket.....now make it where it takes almost 20 seconds just to login. :gone::gone::gone: I'm working on a few users threads however it's moving SO ridiculously slow right now I'm getting nowhere.

BrentR,
Let's keep things easy as I'm trying to work on multiple things at once here. The Gallery has many errors still that I'm trying to address while deal with these other issues. Can you email me your photo's to [email protected]?? I can get them uploaded for you.

Lee

View attachment 64919

Good move PhotoBucket.....now make it where it takes almost 20 seconds just to login. :gone::gone::gone: I'm working on a few users threads however it's moving SO ridiculously slow right now I'm getting nowhere.

BrentR,
Let's keep things easy as I'm trying to work on multiple things at once here. The Gallery has many errors still that I'm trying to address while deal with these other issues. Can you email me your photo's to [email protected]?? I can get them uploaded for you.

Lee

LEE I am going to use Imgur for this weekend. Sounds like you have lots of other issues to take care of. I may also attempt to up load pics tomorrow. Thanks

Can you really see his signature? I still use Tapatalk whenever I am on my phone and that is the one thing that really annoys me about this is that I cannot see the full signature of any member. Additionally some of the hot links used on the website do not work in Tapatalk and it is a pretty big deal that no one on Tapatalk can go to a link or view pool school at all.

If we can't point a member to view the ABCs of pool chemistry article then it is going to be hard for many members to get help.

I too have no allegiance to Tapatalk, but it certainly still works better for me then the current mobile version of The Forum. However I think when we upgrade the Forum software that might change.

Not to mention their business model. In the past I have paid to have the pro version with no ads. And then they go and make it Obsolete and nonfunctional and force everyone into ads. Now I see that you can pay again to be ad free but what's to stop them from changing the versions again and showing everyone ads again.

I just got the latest Tapatalk update. You can now see signatures in their entirety. I haven't seen any adds recently either.

I just got the latest Tapatalk update. You can now see signatures in their entirety. I haven't seen any adds recently either.
Its not always the full sig. When it truncates the sig, you can usually see enough of the important stuff because ppl put that first. Matt, it truncates yours at "k-1001". I can see all of Kims, All of mine, Brentr at "Concoction Machine". Lee's at TFP Forum Rules.

I've been using Tapatalk for a few months now and have never seen an ad.

I like at TAT gives instant notification that pop up. Also its a nice feature to know who the Original Poster is in a thread. Especially those that are having issues and its nice to see who is replying as the OP and who is offering help.

And it does not get my "infractions" right...that should be at least a few hundred.... :slidehalo:

As with all Tapatalk updates, this one runs slower than the previous version...ugh. Time to delete the app, clean the cache, shutdown my phone, douse it with gasoline and light a match, cancel all my accounts, reopen all my accounts, buy a new phone, do fresh install of Tapatalk and hope that solves the problem....typical after every TAT update....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.