Phoenix Vacuum Tires

I can't help with the tires, but once you get that sorted out, you might have a look at the drain covers. If they're like the ones I used to have, they are a universal size and can be replaced. If they are also anything like mine in size and shape, they are obnoxiously big and tall. You might be able to find lower profile covers that are code compliant, won't hang up your vac, and more attractive, well, less unattractive, anyway. You can find them to match the color of your pool finish, too.

This would be a good company to call to discuss the possibilities.

Main Drain Parts - INYOPools.com

If you decide to pursue this, you'll need to get your existing covers off. A scuba diver would solve for that. It's not the safest thing to attempt to work in your deep end while holding your breath, and certainly not by yourself. Be careful.

I can't help with the tires, but once you get that sorted out, you might have a look at the drain covers. If they're like the ones I used to have, they are a universal size and can be replaced. If they are also anything like mine in size and shape, they are obnoxiously big and tall. You might be able to find lower profile covers that are code compliant, won't hang up your vac, and more attractive, well, less unattractive, anyway. You can find them to match the color of your pool finish, too.

This would be a good company to call to discuss the possibilities.

Main Drain Parts - INYOPools.com

If you decide to pursue this, you'll need to get your existing covers off. A scuba diver would solve for that. It's not the safest thing to attempt to work in your deep end while holding your breath, and certainly not by yourself. Be careful.

I think the drain is okay. It's not super tall and the vacuum hasn't always gotten stuck. It just recently started happening and the tires are 3 years old so probably just worn down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.