Newark/DE
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello all, just wondering if I should leave my pH at 8.2 if CSI is good.
Also, a reality check please. I am considering borate to stabilize pH. According to poolmath I need about 50lbs. Does this sound right?
TIA

As you are not sharing Poolmath logs, can post a full set of test results?

Why do you wish to use borates? Are you adding acid more than once a week?

It's been almost one month since you posted a full set of test results in PoolMath.
Post a full set of current test results.

What is the pH, TA and CH of your fill/tap water?

With a SWG, itxs redommended to keep the CSI in the 0.00 to -0.30 (minus 0.30) range to minimize scaling of the SWG. The more you keep it within that range, the less buildup you will get on the cell.

Hi again, yes, I do share my pool logs. I’m not sure why you’re not seeing my data or it’s old, I enter data almost every day.
In answer to your question, I add acid every couple of days. I just brought TA down to 60 and it still took only 4days to go from pH 7.2 to 8.2.
Please look again and see if my data is showing up now.
It's been almost one month since you posted a full set of test results in PoolMath.
Post a full set of current test results
As you are not sharing Poolmath logs, can post a full set of test results?

Why do you wish to use borates? Are you adding acid more than once a week?

I can see your test results.
My point was you haven't posted a CURRENT FULL set of test results in almost a month.

Things change in the course of a month.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water temperature

I can see your test results.
My point was you haven't posted a CURRENT FULL set of test results in almost a month.

Things change in the course of a month.

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Salt
Water temperature
Sorry for the miscommunication, I have tested and added the full suite of tests to pool math for your review. There were a few changes. Thanks for your help and advice.

Given your current test results, a pH in the mid to upper 7's will serve you well and keep your CSI within range.

You may find your pH likes to hang around 7.8 if your TA is around 60-70.

Getting your CYA to 70 will help with FC burn off also.

What was the CH of your fill water?

Given your current test results, a pH in the mid to upper 7's will serve you well and keep your CSI within range.

You may find your pH likes to hang around 7.8 if your TA is around 60-70.

Getting your CYA to 70 will help with FC burn off also.

What was the CH of your fill water?
I know I want my pH in the upper 7's, That's why I asked about the borates in an attempt to stabilize my pH. pH is on a continual rise, it has not stabilized as TA is reduced. I have to add acid every 3 days or so. My question is does a quantity of 50lbs of boric acid seem correct for a pool my size. Just looking for confirmation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use PoolMath - Effects of Adding - Borate
This will provide an esrimate based on the pool size set.

You may want to get the TA down to 60 first though and see if that slows the pH increase.
And lower the TA beforeadding the borates if you go that route.

Use PoolMath - Effects of Adding - Borate
This will provide an esrimate based on the pool size set.

You may want to get the TA down to 60 first though and see if that slows the pH increase.
And lower the TA beforeadding the borates if you go that route.
I've used pool math to calculate the amount of boric acid, I was merely asking for a reality check since adding 50lbs of any chemical into the pool is a bit scary, but thanks anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.