Ph level

manuelito

Apr 25, 2024
croatia
Hi
I have pool with ph 8
I didnt put any shock but only 2 tablets(one tablet is enough for that size pool)thinking it will lower it to ideal level

Alsoe pool have automatic ph- feeder

It was raining for last few days

Welcome to TFP! We are so glad you are here.
Can you give more info about your pool? How are you testing your pool water? Are you a chlorine pool or a salt water chlorinated pool? What are your full set of test results?
FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA
WATER TEMP
There are so many people here to help you. We need a little more info first.

Welcome to TFP! We are so glad you are here.
Can you give more info about your pool? How are you testing your pool water? Are you a chlorine pool or a salt water chlorinated pool? What are your full set of test results?
FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA
WATER TEMP
There are so many people here to help you. We need a little more info first.
Its 25 cubic meters pool
Clorine pool
Temprerature is not high due to summer not start yet
I teated with drops and i have automatic chlorine feeder that measures ph aswell
And its 8

For that size pool i put 2 tablets but one is enough I thought that myb that can lower it a little bit so i dont need to sock the pool

How are you testing water? What test kit are you using? What are your current results? It’s easier to know what to add if you know what your goals are.

Knowing whether to raise the pool to shock/slam level is a different matter than your ph.
Your appropriate maintenance & shock/slam fc level is dependent upon your cya level. It is imperative to know your cya level.
See-> FC/CYA Levels
IMG_9778.jpeg
IMG_9771.jpeg
Most tablets contain cya (such as trichlor tablets) which builds up & doesn’t go away unless you exchange water. But The chlorine they provide is consumed daily. This leads to an under sanitized pool in short order if tabs are used for daily chlorination.
Can you show us the ingredients label of the tabs you’re using?

About the ph…
What is your independent drop test ph result?
That is what you should use to base any adjustments on.
While Trichlor tabs are acidic (lower ph) they may not do enough & muriatic acid should be used. You can use
PoolMath to determine amounts to get ph back in to the 7’s.

As I mentioned tabs also increase cya.
ORP - which is generally what’s used with ph sensors- becomes more and more inaccurate as cya rises above 30ppm.

In your location it may be hard to find an appropriate test kit but you can attempt to locate one of these (Taylor k2006 or equivalent as listed)
Here👇

How does the pool look currently? Crystal clear or cloudy/visible algae?