Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I’ve been monitoring my Ph closely and despite a fairly steady diet of Muriatic acid, my Ph level keeps creeping up. It was at 8.0 so I got it to 7.4 adding acid but I see it going back up. It’s currently at 7.7 so I t’s still within the recommended range, but I’d rather it were more stable. TA is 75.

Any thoughts on what’s causing the PH to inch up?

I’ve been monitoring my Ph closely and despite a fairly steady diet of Muriatic acid, my Ph level keeps creeping up. It was at 8.0 so I got it to 7.4 adding acid but I see it going back up. It’s currently at 7.7 so I t’s still within the recommended range, but I’d rather it were more stable. TA is 75.

Any thoughts on what’s causing the PH to inch up?
I agree that it’s normal. At least for me. 4 oz every morning seems to keep it right at 7.6. I have the stray days that it drifts a little up or down.

Thanks for the info. I’m using the TF100 test kit to test TA. The color almost changes at 6 drops, then changes dramatically at 7 drops, so I’m splitting the difference.

The plaster is not new and no one swims in the pool, so there’s no splashing unless you count the torrential rain from thunder storms.

Last edited:
Also take a moment to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info and be sure to include which test kit you are using. This info is critical to the replies you receive.
Texas Splash. Is the info in my posts not showing up?

Attachments

• 27261685-1D03-43BD-A207-E14E80F68B47.jpeg
    27261685-1D03-43BD-A207-E14E80F68B47.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 5
ok, here's how to do TA and get a good result:
count the drops you add.... first it turns kind of dull pink. Add another drop and it turns all pink. Add another drop and it turns BARBIE HOT PINK! Count that drop too.... and add another... if the BARBIE HOT PINK doesn't get Mo'hot piink....don't count that last drop. Multiply drop count by 10.

Your TA is always a total number based on 10s when using the TF-100/Pro kits.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, by switching to a SWG, have I replaced a chlorine tablet habit with an acid habit?
Our pools will always require pH management, just like chlorine. In salt pools, it's very common for the pH to settle around 7.7-7.8. A little acid every few days is normal. Once your TA falls to about 50 - 60 that should help slow the rise of pH a little better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.