pH increasing super fast on 2 month old plaster

SuperMiguel

Nov 26, 2017
Florida
Hello, is it normally for my pH to increase from lets say 7.2 to 7.6 in a day? been happening alot and been using a ton of acid...

Also my water tastes very weird its like salty but not really, hard to explain, but it tastes funny. Here are my test results from saturday:

FC 1.0 (working on this increased % on chlorination)
pH 7.2
TA 50
CH 350
CYA 40
Salt 3200

Last edited:
Yes it may be normal in a newer plaster pool, water with moderate to high Total Alkalynity and also a waterfall feature or attached spa spill-over. Do you use a test kit and know your TA ppm? I see you run a SWCG so your salty water taste makes perfect sense.

Yes it may be normal in a newer plaster pool, water with moderate to high Total Alkalynity and also a waterfall feature or attached spa spill-over. Do you use a test kit and know your TA ppm? I see you run a SWCG so your salty water taste makes perfect sense.
attached spa spill-over increases pH? Also i was under impression that SWCG wouldnt cause salty water since it was very small amounts of salt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.