Ph and alkalinity imbalance

View attachment 169915
Any ideas on the black spots in the deep end? I have tried fine scotch Brite, magic erasers and they won’t do anything.
Would you recommend the test kit from Jack’s magic to see if anything is going on? Thanks. Should I start a new thread for this?

Let's ask @Texas Splash about the black spots now that we have your water chemistry on the right track. Pat has experience with FG pools.

Reactions: ShrinerManSC
The spots appear odd for iron, but the test is easy and cheap.
Crush up a handful of vitamin C tablets in a thin sock. Set them on the spots (use your brush or net). If iron, they should lighten or possible disappear in a few minutes.

Reactions: ShrinerManSC
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
The spots appear odd for iron, but the test is easy and cheap.
Crush up a handful of vitamin C tablets in a thin sock. Set them on the spots (use your brush or net). If iron, they should lighten or possible disappear in a few minutes.
Thanks for the suggestion. I put it in a old nylon stocking and held it For about 10 minutes. It is still there. 😔

Back at the start you said your salt is at 300ppm. That seems very low to me. I would check it again, look up your SWG’s requirements and adjust as needed.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.