my current readings are :

FC. 6.6
Cc. .2
CYA 40
Ph 7.4
Alk. 110
CH. 270

Pool math indicates my ph should be increased to 9.0
And alkalinity should be lowered to 90 by lowering the ph to 7.0and then aerate to raise ph.

1. What exactly is aeration and how is it accomplished.
2. Why does my ph need to go up to 9? Normal range for ph is 7.2 to 7.8

Pool math indicates my ph should be increased to 9.0
You might want to double check that one. Something doesn't seem right. :scratch: We never recommend a pH of 9.0.

Your TA is fine for now unless you find that the pH rises very fast during the week. If your pH remains in the 7.2-7.8 range fairly well, there's no need to force the TA much lower.

What exactly is aeration and how is it accomplished.
See below for more details/examples.

Reactions: gnhand
PoolMath usually remembers the last target pH you entered. I suspect that last time you were using PoolMath, you accidentally entered a 9 into the target field before closing the app.

Reactions: HermanTX
Pool math indicates
PoolMath is just a calculator. You need to understand the effects of adding chemicals and desired outcomes, then use PoolMath to assist with the calculations. GIGO.

Don't blindly follow its directions (just like a GPS).

By the way, what's an oil heat exchanger?

You might want to double check that one. Something doesn't seem right. :scratch: We never recommend a pH of 9.0.

Your TA is fine for now unless you find that the pH rises very fast during the week. If your pH remains in the 7.2-7.8 range fairly well, there's no need to force the TA much lower.

See below for more details/examples.

Thank you for this information

PoolMath is just a calculator. You need to understand the effects of adding chemicals and desired outcomes, then use PoolMath to assist with the calculations. GIGO.

Don't blindly follow its directions (just like a GPS).

By the way, what's an oil heat exchanger?
It’s a piece of equipment that becomes a heat zone to a oil hot water home heating system. Then water from the pool is separately piped into the heat exchanger. The heated water from the oil burner heats the water from the pool.

That’s a layman’s explanation.

Reactions: pjt
Poolmath will not suggest a parameter outside of the recommended range. You can change the parameter, however.

There is no need for you to adjust your pH. The TA of 100 will quickly raise your pH.

My readings today are on pool math.

It indicates that my ph is too low and should be raised to 9???
Have you tried to change the target pH in PoolMath to something else, then close the app and reopen it. I'm pretty sure it will then show the target you just entered. It remembers the last pH target you entered, as I explained above. The 9 probably just got in there once accidentally and got stuck there.

PoolMath is just a calculator. Read through Pool Care Basics, then use PoolMath to help you to get to the targets you learnt and understood by reading these articles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.