Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Anyone use perlite instead of DE? Been thinking of trying it and saw some in the garden department at Home Depot.

The stuff there seemed too coarse so I didn’t buy it, should I order on Amazon? $33 for 13 lbs. thanks

I found other mediums in my DE filter clogged more rapidly with rising filter pressure and low flow. It required backwashing more often and became a PITA. I went back to using DE. YMMV.

Reactions: MA5177
I use the Agua Perl perlite. I have been using it just over a year. My filter doesn’t have a backwash valve. I clean the filter twice a year. Water looks great.

Reactions: MA5177
I found other mediums in my DE filter clogged more rapidly with rising filter pressure and low flow. It required backwashing more often and became a PITA. I went back to using DE. YMMV.
I’ve read other stories saying the same thing, that the pressure rises fast. Just going to stick with DE thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.