Pentiar Intelliflo 011018 LIT BUT BLANK AMBER SCREEN.

GonnaTryTFP

Jul 7, 2019
Diamond Bar, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey Guys,

I followed this thread on how to troubleshoot a blank LCD screen:

Also, this youtube video that seem to have taken the advice from the above thread, but visually showing us how to do it.

But since it's 5 yrs old, I figure I start a new thread to see if there are anybody else out there with the same issues. The youtuber sawed off the torx screw top in order to remove the entire assembly, but in hindsight, all he had to do was lift the LCD control panel. So that was what I did. I added the foam to make everything tight just like the video. But when I plugged it in, it was still blank. It's lit, but blank. It looks good, not much corrosion or anything. But I guess I'm going to take it a step further and saw the torx and remove the entire assembly so I can see the board, just like the youtuber at the 10:45 mark.

Before I do that, I was wondering if there is any other advice. Any new developments regarding this common issue in 2019? I was also concerned about post #34 in the above old thread, a poster said, "One of the first things Pentair says when you sit down in any Intelliflo training is to not open the drive. The capacitors in there supposedly hold a charge that will knock you back to the BBB method." If I turn off the breaker at the pool, should that be enough? Should I also turn it off at the main breaker in my garage? How long should I wait for this charge to be gone?

Thanks!

M,

I have not heard of anything new, but as far as the charged up caps go, I really doubt it will actually hurt you. Charged up caps can shock for sure but are not going to kill you. Best to wear gloves.. Caps can hold a charge for days, so waiting them out probably won't work.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I resolved my issue. I put an update here to help others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.