Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi all,
First time post so apologies if this is a novice question. I’ve been fighting my pump schedule since it was opened this year but had no trouble programming a schedule last year. I’m sure the solution is simple but seems evasive! I have program 2 set to speed 1500 schedule 8am-8 pm. Program 1 is egg timer. Program 3&4 are egg timer. Program 5-8 are disabled.
for the life of me I can’t figure out why program 2 won’t run. Instead I’ve had to turn it on manually each morning. What am I missing?
I’ve tried setting it to Flow - same trouble. I’ve tried putting schedule setting on Program1 and setting program 2 to egg timer - same trouble.
D4055A02-1233-4B62-90F7-81D779EF7F06.jpeg

Hi all,
First time post so apologies if this is a novice question. I’ve been fighting my pump schedule since it was opened this year but had no trouble programming a schedule last year. I’m sure the solution is simple but seems evasive!

I have program 2 set to speed 1500 schedule 8am-5 pm. Program 1 is egg timer. Program 3&4 are egg timer. Program 5-8 are disabled.
for the life of me I can’t figure out why program 2 won’t run. Instead I’ve had to turn it on manually each morning. What am I missing?
I’ve tried setting it to Flow - same trouble. I’ve tried putting schedule setting on Program1 and setting program 2 to egg timer - same trouble.C99078EC-E8E2-4324-A3D1-C9F04B6B9537.jpeg

G,

Schedules have a start time and an off time...

Egg timers do not have a start time.. They must be started manually and then go off XX minutes or hours after they have been stated.

Instead of using egg timers, use schedules.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Gmsimmons
I am trying to run program 2 (which is a schedule set to 8am - 8pm). Program 2 button is illuminated (see photo), but the display reads manual though it says “running speed 2”. it won’t turn on automatically at 8am. I set the other programs to egg timers to make sure they weren’t interfering or “trumping” my schedule.

I had a similar problem with mine - where it seemed that no matter what I did I couldn't get the pump to flip to the "schedule" I had programmed. I think I figured out the problem - though I'd say it's more a fault of not great programming in the pump than anything you're doing. (Unless there is a button or setting i'm missing!)

Apparently every time you turn the pump off and turn it back on, when you push the speed button it will default to manual. It will stay in manual mode until the next scheduled start time for any of your programs.

Ex: I've got my pump scheduled to run at 2800 rpm from 9-6pm. If I turn it off, then turn it back on at 1pm, it will run all night at 2800 rpm until 9am the next morning, when it will flip to it's normal schedule - and keep running til 6pm. You'll be able to tell the difference because your display should read "schedule" where it once read "manual" if it has flipped to the scheduled setting.

The trick is either, leave your pump on and don't touch it, or manually turn it on right before it is scheduled to start for the day. That's the only way I managed to get it back to it's schedule. Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.