Pentair VSF Dead Screen

Kstubblefield

Feb 9, 2021
Richmond TX
I have a Pentair VSF 011056 pump that has a programming screen on top that is not coming on. I pulled the top screen portion off with 4 screws and verified power to the pump but the screen is dead. I texted a local pool guy and he told me it sounds like a drive issue but I have seen where you can get the screens separately. Is there a way to test the screen to see if it is the part that needs replacing vs the whole drive unit? In my phone app it says it has lost communication with the pump.

The issue was intermittent for a couple of days and while I was resetting the breaker one time during troubleshooting I did see it power on and it gave a pressure limit warning but it has been off completely for a few days now.

Thanks. I read that to be the keypad only but I didn't look at any pics.

I think the screen being dead is a symptom of the drive electronics being dead. You can try the Keypad Assembly and your risk is the underlying drive electronics are what failed.

The drive is over 50% of the cost of a new pump. A failure of another part (primarily the motor) you end up having to get a new pump. Up to you, but repairing something when the repair costs well more than 50% of an entire new device, is not typically a good move.

Last year the 011056 pump cost $1300-$1500. It looks like they are going for around $2,000 now.

The 011056 drive costs $900. I think it was around $650 last year.

I would carefully examine the motor. Especially around where the motor mates with the wet end. Any signs of corrosion would be reason to get a new pump rather then replace the drive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.