Pentair VS Superflo

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently run the pump @ 2700 from 9:am to 12 noon. Then drop it down to 1500 for the next 9 hours. The last 12 it runs @ 1300 until 9 in the morning. Except for when the filter is freshly backwashed, the heater won't come on @ 1300. The morning is when I test and add liquid chlorine, so I like the higher speed to get it circulated. I usually fold back the cover and slowly poor over the return in the deep end.

I too have the SuperFlo VS. Price is good, runs quietly and am pleased with the unit. My pool system is simple so it's a good fit for me.
Programing the unit is easy but is limited having only three options for the run times. It does also have the Quick Clean button setting that I like. My #1 starts at 2400 for 2 hrs, #2 at 1300 for 7 hrs and #3 finishes at 2400 for 2 hours. I have disabled the priming setting.
The unit is off at night and I set my quick clean at 2500 for 45 mins if I want to polish the surface or mix chems when off or on set #2. I also adjust my operating times down in the winter months.

My season is roughly 4 months, and I bring the pump indoors for the winter. My pump is about 2 feet above pool water level. If it turns off, the water slowly drains back into the pool. My solution is to let it run 24/7, but if I do want to manually shut it off, I shut the valves to the skimmer and main drain. When I turn it back on I immediately have water flow.I never run it faster than 2700. That is my prime speed and also my quick clean speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.