Pentair VS Superflo

Adamphotoman

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
I currently run the pump @ 2700 from 9:am to 12 noon. Then drop it down to 1500 for the next 9 hours. The last 12 it runs @ 1300 until 9 in the morning. Except for when the filter is freshly backwashed, the heater won't come on @ 1300. The morning is when I test and add liquid chlorine, so I like the higher speed to get it circulated. I usually fold back the cover and slowly poor over the return in the deep end.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Grant..

Pump run time and speed is all up to what works best for you and your pool...

Your schedule looks great to me.. :thumleft:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Oly

Gold Supporter
Jun 28, 2017
Fresno, CA
I too have the SuperFlo VS. Price is good, runs quietly and am pleased with the unit. My pool system is simple so it's a good fit for me.
Programing the unit is easy but is limited having only three options for the run times. It does also have the Quick Clean button setting that I like. My #1 starts at 2400 for 2 hrs, #2 at 1300 for 7 hrs and #3 finishes at 2400 for 2 hours. I have disabled the priming setting.
The unit is off at night and I set my quick clean at 2500 for 45 mins if I want to polish the surface or mix chems when off or on set #2. I also adjust my operating times down in the winter months.

Adamphotoman

Aug 18, 2018
Dieppe New Brunswick
My season is roughly 4 months, and I bring the pump indoors for the winter. My pump is about 2 feet above pool water level. If it turns off, the water slowly drains back into the pool. My solution is to let it run 24/7, but if I do want to manually shut it off, I shut the valves to the skimmer and main drain. When I turn it back on I immediately have water flow.I never run it faster than 2700. That is my prime speed and also my quick clean speed.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Grant,

If the water drains out when the pump is off, you have some type of air leak... Water should not drain back into the pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mknauss