Pentair Ultratemp Hybrid heater with Jandy Aqualink

rsg123

Dec 20, 2020
California
Hello. I’m getting a new pool installed and am very interested in the Pentair Ultratemp ETi hybrid heat pump/gas heaters. My pool installer only deals with Jandy so they will install all of the other equipment and plumb and complete electrical connections for the Pentair but will leave installation of it to me, including connections to the Aqualink.
My question—will I be able to control the operation of turning on the heat pump and/or gas heater from the Aqualink app or will it just control temp settings for the spa and/or pool?
I have considered changing the Aqualink to Pentair automation but I’d rather not if my setup works fine. I will also have a Jandy water feature pump, PlusHP variable speed circulation pump and Solar Eclipse ozone/UV.

If you want the Pentair Hybrid heater then you should get the IntelliCenter automation and IntelliFlo pump.

The hybrid heater is best controlled by its RS-485 comm link and the Aqualink does not know how to talk to it. The Aqualink will only control it as a standard gas heater and you will lose many of the hybrid benefits.

The IntelliCenter is a better automation system then the Aqualink anyway.

And we recommend you delete the ozone/UV system.

How are you going to chlorinate your pool?

If you want the Pentair Hybrid heater then you should get the IntelliCenter automation and IntelliFlo pump.

The hybrid heater is best controlled by its RS-485 comm link and the Aqualink does not know how to talk to it. The Aqualink will only control it as a standard gas heater and you will lose many of the hybrid benefits.

The IntelliCenter is a better automation system then the Aqualink anyway.

And we recommend you delete the ozone/UV system.

How are you going to chlorinate your pool?

Thanks for your reply. If I change the Aqualink to an Intellicenter, can it effectively control the Jandy pumps that have already been installed or would I need to change the pump?
We will have an in-line chlorine feeder.

Thanks for your reply. If I change the Aqualink to an Intellicenter, can it effectively control the Jandy pumps that have already been installed or would I need to change the pump?
We will have an in-line chlorine feeder.
You need to change to a Pentair pump if you go with the IntelliCenter.

Do you understand the issues with rising CYA when using an in-line chlorinator? It will require periodic draining to reduce your CYA level which looks like can be in issue in much of CA.

Hello. I’m getting a new pool installed and am very interested in the Pentair Ultratemp ETi hybrid heat pump/gas heaters. My pool installer only deals with Jandy so they will install all of the other equipment and plumb and complete electrical connections for the Pentair but will leave installation of it to me, including connections to the Aqualink.
My question—will I be able to control the operation of turning on the heat pump and/or gas heater from the Aqualink app or will it just control temp settings for the spa and/or pool?
I have considered changing the Aqualink to Pentair automation but I’d rather not if my setup works fine. I will also have a Jandy water feature pump, PlusHP variable speed circulation pump and Solar Eclipse ozone/UV.
Out of curiosity, why are you considering the Ultratemp ETi hybrid heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.