Pentair Superflo VS operation with external relay control

lakeboater

Bronze Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Naples, FL
I and planning to purchase a Superflo VS and want to verify what I was told by Pentair Technical support about pump controller operation.
I will appreciate comments about the following operating characteristics:
1. When set up for relay low voltage external control (not Pentair controller) a 5 minute prime cycle will run when the pump is started on a speed cycle

2. The custom programmed speed settings will be remembered indefinitely after an extended power outage

3. The pump will operate in external control mode, if wired that way, after an extended power outage.

I read the Pentair manual and did not see these issues addressed.

lb,

I believe that the Aqualink RS can control an IntelliFlo, so why screw with the SuperFlo VS at all???

Sorry, but I can't answer your questions about a power outage.. I was under the impression that it lost its setting after a couple of days.. But I do not know that for sure.

Let's see if we can get one of our SuperFlo VS owners to chime in...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for the input. I was inclined to get the Superflo because it is $400 less and the right power level for my small pool. But since I am away 6 months a year, I can see the benefit of upgrading to iAqualink and Intelliflo for the remote control ability.

L,

Keep in mind that the larger the pump, the more more water it can move at a lower RPM.. There is no such thing as too much HP with a VS pump.. You just use the amount of HP you need... VS pumps should really be called Variable Horsepower pumps, because that is what they are..

I have a 3 HP IntelliFlo on my little pool and it works great. I run it 24/7 and my electrical cost is less than $20 bucks a month..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.