Pentair Screenlogic2 setup

loganb

Jun 2, 2018
lafayette/LA
Im not sure if Im doing something wrong or if my equipment is not compatible. I ordered the Pentair ScreenLogic Wireless Connection Kit 522620 and pentair screenlogic2 protocol adapter separate. Every thing is connected correctly so I think, when I try to connect locally via the pentair app it says searching for system controller. I would connect remote however the front of the protocol adapter does not have the username like usual. I know for sure I am getting signal from both receivers inside and out. My wifi router is a linksys Velop. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 51
your protocol adapter does not look like mine. It doesn't have Pentair branding, and is missing the system ID on the end shown with the red light.

this is not mine, just a picture I found on the internet, but it looks the same as mine except for different ID numbers etc.

edit: I don't know enough to say maybe it is not a legit part, but that is what comes to mind. Was it a reputable shop you bought it from?

Reactions: loganb
Logan,

My thought is if you were going to all the trouble to make a "fake" adapter, why not just add a fake ID number/address... I suspect it is either an old version or a new version compared to what we normally see.. I have no idea what the problem is, but do have a couple of questions..

Are you using a PC to initially set up your ScreenLogic system?
Is the PC and the protocol adapter connected to the same router?
Have you updated the adapter and loaded the program on your PC? See this link... ScreenLogic Update

I have not done this in a while, but it seems to me that to use your phone, you need the address.. To connect by PC it just auto-populates...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would agree! After digging some more it seems like these units do not like mesh wireless networks like the linksys velop or orbi. When I connect the adapter to my linksys router it does not show up in the device list, however when I plug it directly into my mac and go under network settings it pulls up the adapter ip address and subnet mask. It seems at this point I need to figure out how to get the router to communicate with the adapter.

Also setting up my Screenlogic2 and did the firmware update on my Mac. The Protocol Adapter is talking, but not populating any intro from the panel. Having lots of trouble getting the wireless link to hook up. PWR light flashes quickly (strobe) and no lights on Rx or Tx.

I would agree! After digging some more it seems like these units do not like mesh wireless networks like the linksys velop or orbi. When I connect the adapter to my linksys router it does not show up in the device list, however when I plug it directly into my mac and go under network settings it pulls up the adapter ip address and subnet mask. It seems at this point I need to figure out how to get the router to communicate with the adapter.
considering adding the screenlogic component to my system, and saw your post. I have an ORBI mesh network .. Is this really an issue or is there a way around it and/or somewhere I can research further ?

Following up on my last post—I finally got mine working (and linked to my Echo/Alexa—so cool!) but my wireless sender was fried so I bought a new one.
considering adding the screenlogic component to my system, and saw your post. I have an ORBI mesh network .. Is this really an issue or is there a way around it and/or somewhere I can research further ?
I have a google Wifi ‘mesh’ network and a bunch of wired Ethernet switchs and the protocol adapter is plugged in to a switch, this managed by the Google WiFi Router system. I make sure to have static, reserved IP addresses for all my devices and so it was never an issue.
I highly recommend the google WiFi system. I got the Orbi originally from a flash Costco purchase and it was a headache for managing my traffic (I have 47 devices and a ‘smart home’).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.