Pentair Screenlogic

Yes. You need to either use the SL Config app or easier is to connect via a desktop or laptop and use Configure ScreenLogic.

T,

The EasyTouch comes with a set of Circuits from the factory.. You can rename the circuit to whatever you want, but you can't just add them..

Tell us specifically what you are trying to do, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.. As Marty has pointed out... using your PC is the best option for programming.

Here is a pic of the Circuits page using the PC...

Thanks,

Jim R.

T,

The EasyTouch comes with a set of Circuits from the factory.. You can rename the circuit to whatever you want, but you can't just add them..

Tell us specifically what you are trying to do, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.. As Marty has pointed out... using your PC is the best option for programming.

Here is a pic of the Circuits page using the PC...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would like to set up two schedules in the ScreenLogic app: one that runs at a higher RPM for certain times, and one that runs at lower RPMs for certain times.

For example, 8-10 am at 2800 RPMS and 10:15 am - 11:45 pm at 1400 RPMS. (I'm just making these parameters up. I'll figure out what I really want down the line.)

It sure would be nice to simply "add another schedule" but the RPMs seem fixed and cannot be changed for different schedules. Sure seems like being able to select the motor speed for a schedule would make sense.

Do schedules "stack" so that the way to create a 2800 RPM and 1400 RPM is to have them overlap when and only when you want the fast schedule?

Finally, it is not clear at all clear how to use the desktop version. All of my equipment says ScreenLogic not ScreenLogic 2, so is this the software that I want?

If so, I downloaded and installed but it didn't look anything like what you showed above or what I see in this video tutorial:

Finally, finally... I tried the SLConfig app on my iphone and it was useless as well.

Any help is appreciated on how to accomplish running multiple pump schedules (a fast and a slow).

Thanks!

T,

I just posted the following in another thread, but it should work for you also...

"Your system is working just like it was designed.. Your SWCG's transformer is wired to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay.. This relay only closes when in the Pool or Spa mode.

The Key is to always have the Pool or Spa Circuit on for the entire time you want the pump running.. Why would you want to run the pump and not make chlorine.. :scratch:

Here is a simple example.. Say you want to run from 8 am until 8 pm..

Pool schedule would be 8 am until 8 pm.. at the lowest speed that will run the SWCG. Say 1200 RPM..

Feature Circuit #1 called Skim low .. at 1500 RPM.. Scheduled from 9 am until 10 am (You can name it anything you like...)
Feature Circuit #2 called Skim High .. at 2000 RPM.. Scheduled to run from 1 pm to 2 pm..

This is how the above schedules work... The pump comes on at 8 am at 1200 RPM.. At 9 am the pump increases speed to 1500 RPM.. At 10 am the pump goes back to running at 1200 RPM. At 1 pm the speed increase to 2000 RPM and at 2 pm the pump goes back to running at 1200 RPM until 8 pm..

Let me know if that does not make sense.."

To see the setup page I showed above you have to go into the "Configure ScreenLogic" tab... in the lower right of the page you showed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thanks, but this is what I see when I launch the software on the PC:

pentair.png

and this looks nothing like the video tutorial or what you posted, so I am not even sure if I am using the same software as you, much less how to get to the windows to configure things like you do.

T,

I just posted the following in another thread, but it should work for you also...

"Your system is working just like it was designed.. Your SWCG's transformer is wired to the load side of the Pump/Filter relay.. This relay only closes when in the Pool or Spa mode.

The Key is to always have the Pool or Spa Circuit on for the entire time you want the pump running.. Why would you want to run the pump and not make chlorine.. :scratch:

Here is a simple example.. Say you want to run from 8 am until 8 pm..

Pool schedule would be 8 am until 8 pm.. at the lowest speed that will run the SWCG. Say 1200 RPM..

Feature Circuit #1 called Skim low .. at 1500 RPM.. Scheduled from 9 am until 10 am (You can name it anything you like...)
Feature Circuit #2 called Skim High .. at 2000 RPM.. Scheduled to run from 1 pm to 2 pm..

This is how the above schedules work... The pump comes on at 8 am at 1200 RPM.. At 9 am the pump increases speed to 1500 RPM.. At 10 am the pump goes back to running at 1200 RPM. At 1 pm the speed increase to 2000 RPM and at 2 pm the pump goes back to running at 1200 RPM until 8 pm..

Let me know if that does not make sense.."

To see the setup page I showed above you have to go into the "Configure ScreenLogic" tab... in the lower right of the page you showed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, I think that is making more sense now.

I also have a Feature Circuit #1 and #2. Will those control the Pool by default or do I have to set them up to control the Pool?

Also, how are you specifying the different pump speeds for those features? I don't see where I have the chance to choose that in the menus shown above.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What are the Feature Circuits for? You can schedule them or make the Run Once, etc.

Here's how it was set up when handed off to me:

pentair2.png

It seems to me that the "Generic" circuit function is actually controlling my waterfall. When I choose Feature 1, it doesn't give me the option to choose "Pool" as the circuit function...

T,

You have a "lite" version of the EasyTouch, so you will only have the ability of having 4 total schedules and that includes any egg-timers that are not at the default of 12 hours.. ScreenLogic will allow you to enter a bazillion schedules, but only 4 will actually work.

Each "Circuit" can only have one speed assigned to it. So, you can only have one speed set for the Pool Circuit.. If you look again at my example program, you can see that the Pool circuit is on the entire time you want the pump to run.. Then you assign speeds to your two feature circuits.. say 1500 and 2000.. Leave Pool on and when you turn on a feature circuit the pump will go to that speed. Basically, when the pump receives a command to run two speeds, it will always run the fastest one.

You assign speeds on this set up page...

Look again at my example...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.