Pentair Salt Generator High Temp Reading

skemoore

Dec 30, 2020
Raleigh, NC
Hi- I'm new to the forum. About a year and a half ago we had a fiberglass salt water pool installed. The salt generator is a Pentair IChlor 30. When you go into the diagnosis mode it says the water temp in 133 degrees. The actual water temp is around 45 degrees. Both temperatures are in fahrenheit. This is the 2nd time in the 1.5 years we've had it that the temp reading is way off. The first time I replaced the flow/temp sensor and everything was fine for about 8 months but now it has the same problem. It is a common problem? Is there any way to fix this without replacing the sensor again? I keep tight control of the water chemistry and it is always within the normal limits. The salt generator is saying the salt is very low but since the temp is way off, it's incorrect. A salt meter says the salt level is about 3000ppm, which is a little low. The salt cell does not have any visual buildup on the plates. Any ideas? Thanks!!

S,

Poor quality Flow Switch assemblies are a known issue with Pentair SWCGs.. Inside the flow switch is a thermistor that measures the water temp..

You did nothing wrong chemical wise or pool care wise.. There is nothing you can do to prevent the failures. Sometimes they last forever, and sometimes only a season or two..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Your Pentair equipment should be covered by warranty if installed by a Professional. Call Pentair and file a warranty claim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.