Oct 3, 2010
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

We had a bit of storms recently and my protocol adapter has a solid red light now. Tried power cycling, holding reset button in, etc. Anything else to try before I call it fried?

C,

I believe that the Red light on the Protocol Adapter is a power light and it is always solid red when powered.

Why do you think it is the adapter.. In most cases, it is the outside antenna..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Oh hmm! I guess I've never paid attention to the light before :unsure:. The only reason I thought it was because it's not working and I'm used to green = good, red = bad in most cases. I will try resetting the breaker tomorrow on the pool equipment tomorrow, thanks Jim.

C,

As a quick test, but the system into AUTO and Pool and then go look at your pump's display and see of it says "Display not Active"..

If it does, that means your RS-485 com port is working and that is a good thing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

As a quick test, but the system into AUTO and Pool and then go look at your pump's display and see of it says "Display not Active"..

If it does, that means your RS-485 com port is working and that is a good thing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim! As an IT guy, I'm a little embarrassed I didn't first try a "reboot" of all the pool equipment :oops:. That resolved it, so it was likely just the outside antenna after all.

Now, if you can tell me how to fix the crazy flickering of my 8ish year old Pentair Intellibright lights (I think they just need replaced but I *hate* having to replace them every 5-8 years), I'd have ALLLL my pool problems fixed... Oh wait, there is that suction side air leak I need to find too :(.

Thanks!!!