Pentair Power Center Chlorinator No Lights

Vetman

May 25, 2022
Georgia
I have a Pentair IC40 that is not showing any lights. I have not tested the Power Center for voltage yet, but the Power Center green led is not lit. The Pentair IC40 does not appear to be very old and had been working fine. This is a new to my family house and pool so I do not have the best records on the equipment.

The wires going to the barrel fuse seem a little brittle at the ends and I plan on replacing the fuse holder. Can you use a mini blade fuse holder with a 10 amp fuse instead of a barrel fuse? I abhor the barrel fuses and I also could steal a mini fuse from my truck in a pinch.

If replacing the fuse holder and fuse does not fix the lights out problem what are my next options for repair.

VM,

The Power Centers with the barrel fuse have a known problem where they open.. You check the fuse and it is good, but when you put it back in it does not make good contact. They actually sell replacement fuse holders...

If the light on the PCB inside the Power Center is not on, then no matter what is bad, the cell is not going to have any lights.

You need to make sure you have good voltage going in and getting past the fuse holder.

You can measure the AC out of the transformer that goes to the surge card, it should be about 30 volts AC. The DC out of the surge card, going to the cell, should be about 30 to 40 Volts DC.

Thanks,

Jim R.

VM,

The Power Centers with the barrel fuse have a known problem where they open.. You check the fuse and it is good, but when you put it back in it does not make good contact. They actually sell replacement fuse holders...

If the light on the PCB inside the Power Center is not on, then no matter what is bad, the cell is not going to have any lights.

You need to make sure you have good voltage going in and getting past the fuse holder.

You can measure the AC out of the transformer that goes to the surge card, it should be about 30 volts AC. The DC out of the surge card, going to the cell, should be about 30 to 40 Volts DC.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Mr. Jim,

I did not understand completely.

Should the led light on the PCB board inside the power center be on all the time or will it be off if you have a bad fuse or a bad fuse connection?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.