Pentair Pool Automation issues

Sammy,

Ok, but just to be clear, if you have Pool Low scheduled to start at say 8 am.. Then two thing must happen.. the little LCD on the main panel should say AUTO and Pool.. plus the pump should start running at 1250 rpm..

In theory, they both should happen at the same time.. But, if it does not work, it would be important to know if the LCD shows AUTO Pool right after the start time of 8 am..

Do you have this page on your PC? If so what speeds show up..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,
so same thing as yesterday: No Pool Low is coming on at 8am and this is how it looks:
20210314_085502.jpg
In fact the word "Pool" is missing, right?

And this is how the speeds look:
1615730500898.png

And btw it just hit 9am and "Booster Pump" started.

Why in the world is my Pool Low not working... come on Pool Low, you can do it! :)

Best regards
Sammy

Sammy,

Let me see this egg-timer page...

View media item 1966
If anyone of these is not at the default of 12 hours, it counts as a schedule..

Another thing to try would be to rename "pool low" to just "pool" Maybe the system sees Pool low different than the original Pool.. I know for sure the Circuit Name does not matter for Aux and Feature circuits, but I have never tried to rename Pool or Spa.. Most people leave these at Pool or Spa.. If you rename it Pool, you have to make sure it changes everywhere it is used.

If not that, then here is what I would try next.. Delete your light schedule and see if pool low works then...

Hang in there, we will get it.. :mrgreen:

Jim R.

Last edited:
Hey there, so this is the status.
After I saw this morning that indeed my display doesnt show "Pool" I played around on that screen a bit and landed at schedules.
I notices that only "Booster Pump" and "Waterfall" were flagged with a "1", but not Pool Low, although that was in my Screenlogic Schedule.
I played around with it, created a schedule, deleted it again, created a new schedule on my Cellphone, and all of the sudden, the "0" at "Pool Low" changed to "1".
Also the Main Screen looked different now and I saw "Pool" on there and the Filter Pump light is on.
Then, right according to my schedule tonight, the Waterfall stopped at 8pm, the valve closed and the Pool Low came on.
So in other words, I will see what happens tomorrow, but maybe now it does work.
The question is though... what was wrong? :)

To answer your questions, the Egg timers were all on 12 hours and also I deleted the light schedule so I only had 3 running since yesterday.

Hmm... well, like I said, I will report back what happens tomorrow, and of course I still wonder what is/was wrong, or how in the world apparently what I programmed on Screenlogic wasnt transferred to the PL4.

Best regards
Sammy

Sammy,

I never use my phone to program... Not saying it should not work, but scheduling with my PC seems much easier to me. I use this page..

Logically it should have worked... It is not usually this much of a pain... You had more issues in a few days than I have had in the past 6 years.. :)

ScreenLogic does not always immediately update the EasyTouch.. Maybe it tried to update when the interference was an issue... :scratch:

I assume it is now safe to add your light schedule back..

Thanks for being so patient,

Jim R.

Well, in the past days I used both (PC and Phone) and after I learned what that reset button was, I resetted the PL4 multiple times too. :)
I have zero idea why it kept ignoring the "Pool low", cause apparently my other changes were always taken I think. Hmmm...

Btw, how come you seem to have more than 8 schedules? Even if you had the PL8, shouldnt you only be able to use 8 then?
Or does a schedule only count if its another curcuit?
Cause I was also thinking that for weekends maybe I would want other schedules since I will be more outside. :)

Lets see if my Pool low starts tomorrow at 8am...

Thank YOU for being so patient man,
Sammy

Sammy,

The "Lite" EasyTouch, has 4 relays and only 4 programs/schedules and 2 feature circuits.

The regular EasyTouch has either 4 or 8 relays and 12 schedules/programs and 8 feature circuits The number of relays has nothing to do with the number of schedules/programs.

The new IntelliCenter has 5 to 10 relays and 100 schedules/programs and I don't know how many feature circuits..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Don't know if this is a part of the problem but yesterday I noticed my Intellicenter had not changed to daylight savings time.

Chris

I can report back that my Pool Low started at 8am, then the Booster Pump started at 9am and everything seems to work as expected.
I cant thank you guys enough, especially Jim.

I will keep an eye on everything... and btw, since I have one Circuit left (which used to be Pool High), what makes most sense to do with it?
Oh and yea and, in terms of programming: So the 4 schedule limit exists for everything in my case, in other words I am maxed out with any fancy additional schedules, right?

Best regards
Sammy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sammy,

You can have a max of 4 schedules... period..

You can manually turn on any circuit... I like having a light over my equipment pad.. Before I got ScreenLogic, if I wanted to go out to the equipment at night, I had to take a flashlight so I could find the right button to turn on the light.. Sigh!!! With ScreenLogic, I can just hit the "pad light" icon and the light is turned on before I get out to the pad.

You can always change it later, if you find something better to use it for.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi guys, hi Jim,
again, everything seems to work which is great... although I wish I could tell the world how I fixed it or what the problem exactly was.
@Jim: How do you control like normal lights with the Pentair box? Are even the outlets on that box controllable with the system or how did you hook up your "pad light" to it?

Best regards all,
Sammy

Sammy,

Most all lights of any kind are initially powered by 120 VAC... The 120 VAC is wired to a relay(s) that turn the lights on/off and control the color of LED color lights by quickly turning on and off a set number of times for each color. For LED color lights to work correctly the EasyTouch has to know what kind of light is installed. This is done by setting the Circuit Function to the appropriate style of light, normally IntelliBrite for color lights..

For a normal non-color changing lights, you just leave the Circuit Function as "Generic".

This means that you can run both color changing lights and non-color changing lights off the same 120 VAC power. In your case, you are using Aux 2 for your color pool light. Notice that the Circuit Function of Aux 2 is set to IntelliBrite. To use Aux 3 to run a pad light, you would run a jumper from the line side (input) of Aux 2 over to the Line side of Aux 3 relay. You would then wire the Load side of Aux 3 to your pad light. You would set the Circuit Function of Aux 3 to generic..

Turning on the Aux 3 Circuit by pressing the button on the EasyTouch or pushing the Aux 3 icon on your phone or PC, will turn the light on or off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.