Pentair pool and spa side controls reversed!

Rosseda

Silver Supporter
Sep 30, 2019
Long Beach, CA
This morning, instead of the Pool circulating as it normally does, the spa jets were on (with a rather weak flow, not the full spa push). I switched to the pool side (by hitting the spa button) and it worked, albeit with a much higher flow than normal. Any ideas--Thanks!

Welcome to TFP.

We need to understand more about your pool/spa equipment. Best way is to put details of your pool in your signature.

What Pentair automation system do you have? Pump?

What happens if you turn on yoru spa now? Does it work normally?

Ross,

I suspect that one of your automated valves is not turning as required... Check to ensure the following is happening...

In the Pool mode, the Intake valve should be set to suck water from the pool and the Return valve set to return water to the pool...

In the Spa mode, the Intake valve should be set to suck water from the Spa and the Return valve set to return water to the Spa...

When you push the Pool or Spa buttons, both valves should turn 180 degrees.

Show us some pics of your equipment pad and tell us the results of the above test...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP.

We need to understand more about your pool/spa equipment. Best way is to put details of your pool in your signature.

What Pentair automation system do you have? Pump?

What happens if you turn on yoru spa now? Does it work normally?
Good call on my signature. I will fix that. In the meantime its an inground spa, Master temp 400 pump:

Attachments

• IMG_7821.jpg
    IMG_7821.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7822.jpg
    IMG_7822.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 10
Good call on my signature. I will fix that. In the meantime its an inground spa, Master temp 400 pump:

What we need to see are your valves that have the actuators and the position they turn to in POOL mode and SPA modes.

Is your POOL/SPA working correctly now? Describe your current status.

Dan,

I looked at your signature and am confused... Do you have a pool with a spillover spa, or just a large spa??? :scratch:

To switch between the Pool and Spa modes requires two automated valves... The Return valve, which is at the very top of your picture, and another one that looks just like it called the Intake valve. The Intake valve should be connected just in front of the main pool pump.

It may be in the picture you posted, it is just not visible to me..

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dan,

Ok... So, tell us how it normally worked and what it is doing now..

Specifically what do you use the Pool and Spa buttons for, if anything?? What normally happens..

Does the waterfall, fall into the spa from above, or does the water spillover into some catch basin and then gets returned to the spa?

How many pumps do you have?

I think we all thought it was a Pool with a Spa, so we were going down the wrong path..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Jim,
Just the one body of water. Waterfalls run directly into spa and circulate for a couple of hours every morning (identified as "pool" on the easytouch remote).
The heater/"jacuzzi" action is identified as "spa" on the remote.

It's odd. Everything is working, but reversed. As I noted this morning, instead of the pump recirculating/filtering the jacuzzi jets were on instead.

it's a bit crazy here as we just returned from 2 weeks on the road in Utah and I found this. This is a longshot, but our house sitter did call me while were gone to let me know there was a short power outage here. Just wondering if maybe that glitched something.
I did turn breaker off/on from main circuit board.
Thanks

There is a 3 position toggle switch on the front of the actuator. The switch positions are up, middle(off), and down. If the switch is up, move it to down. If down, move it to up. When you move the switch the valve will rotate and move back to agree with the Pentair panel.

I circled in red where the switch is...
89891DA3-AFEB-4304-8D9C-6F26631DEF04.jpeg

Last edited:
Allen
Moved toggle from On2 to On1 and that did it. Not sure how that toggle might have gotten moved, but all is well now.
I apologize for taking everybody the long, long way around the barn.
Great community here and it's much appreciated!
Thanks to all
Dan
ps. wish I had known about y'all prior to having a guy replace my thermal controller a couple of months ago. Bet I would have saved a buck or two!

Reactions: imrodee
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.