Pentair Minimax NT gives E02

jnojr

Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
This heater is pretty old, possible 15 years. The igniter was replaced a few months ago. We used it for the spa a couple of nights ago and it worked fine. Yesterday, I used it to heat the pool. After running for maybe an hour, it stopped showing E02. I turned the heater off and on again, and it resumed working. It stopped and then restarted itself at a couple of points, and one other time I powercycled the heater.

I ordered a thermistor and the 115 degree switch. Wondering if there's anything else that I should be replacing or inspecting, or any particular service or troubleshooting I can do.

FWIW, a few posts on the Internet suggested cleaning the filter, and it was time to do that anyway, so I did. I am still getting the E02, but the heater is restarting itself very quickly now. I'll install my new thermistor and see how that develops...

Thanks. I did start to hear some rattling, and was already thinking about the flow valve anyway. icking myself for not having ordered it from Amazon last week for $88... now they're out of stock and the best deal I could find was $110! I'll wait until it gets here to look at the old one in case it disintegrates in my hands.

Well, I finally got around to this. Took the old flow valve out, and it does look like it was separated. Put the new one in, fired up the heater... and within an hour it had stopped with an E02 :-( Any other ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.