Pentair Mastertemp LCD Replacement

awights22

May 6, 2022
Maryland
Hi,

Everything in my Pentair Mastertemp Heater is working properly except the LCD screen that displays the temp.

I can see that the backlight is coming on but there is no display of numbers. All buttons on pad work as normal and from reading other threads I realize the LCD screen is on the control board. Is there a way to troubleshoot the LCD screen or purchase just the small screen and replace it?

Thank you,

Is there a way to troubleshoot the LCD screen or purchase just the small screen and replace it?

Welcome to TFP.

No way that I know of to troubleshoot the LCD screen.

The display alone is not a Pentair replaceable part and you need to replace the entire board.

With the new board you also need to replace the membrane keypad with the new 6 button keypad.

That is an excellent price for both a PCB and touchpad. If your touchpad is still good, it isn't absolutely necessary to replace it, but it is easy. Do not fold the new one, first and foremost. The old is, literally, stuck to the panel itself. After removing all the old pad, carefully feed the lead thru the slot behind where the pad is stuck. There are little guides on the panel to show where the pad should sit. If its not set perfectly don't worry as once it is stuck it can't be removed without damage, try to get as close as possible, but it will continue to work. The various connectors that are attached to the original board will only go back in one position, but it doesn't hurt to take a picture with your phone to guide you. They are held on by a small locking tab that will, likely, break when you move it to remove the connector. Use a small knife or flat screwdriver. Don't worry about that. Even if you should break the lock on the new board, there are many, many that are working without them, don't worry about it, either.

Replacing the touchpad is required for the new board which will only work with the new 6 button keypad.

There are significant parts changes with the "Connected Heater" that the Pentair MasterTemp & StaRite Max E Therm : Parts Matrix for “Connected Heater” Update May 2021 lists.
Thanks for the correction. That is still an excellent price for the combo. Pentair is very proud of that set-up and has an MSRP of over $900.00. The cost on that site is only a slightly higher one than at one of my wholesalers to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.