Pentair Mastertemp 400 Display

Home Pool Guy

Apr 20, 2021
Spring, TX
My display on the Mastertemp 400 reads a temperature of 1 when first turned on. then goes up to about 30 and up slightly more as the heater burns (up to about 34 - 35). I have just replaced the thermistor, hoping to resolve the issue. I have tried toggling between Deg F and Deg C - but matters not which is chosen. It was doing the same before swapping out the Thermistor. Fortunately, the Pentair Easytouch control programmer uses a thermocouple on the side of the PVC pipe, and the heater functions correctly in the pool and spa modes - holding the correct temp and maintains the correct temp. How can I get the heater display to reflect the correct temp? What else might be going on?? Is there other display commands that may be stuck or need to change the display?? Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

I spent a half hour on the phone with Pentair today.....the heater tech that I spoke with seems to think that the temp is overridden by the Easy Touch controller. Since all is working well (apart from the water temp display), he feels like the heater, board and display is fine. I am in no position to argue, but I recall that it used to show the correct temp when operating. Bottom line, Pentair says to leave it be until another symptom crops up.

Thanks for your inputs....and any other ideas / thoughts are still welcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.