Pentair Legend Tires Have Black Gummy Crud on the Tire Tread

dgc

Apr 30, 2019
california
Hello there, I was wondering what is causing this? I replaced all the tires on Jan. 2018 because of similar problems with the other tires. How long are these tires supposed to last? The sweep runs fine, I just do not like the looks of dirty tires in the pool.

20191003_095313.jpg

Last edited:
What type of pool do you have?

Please put details of your pool in your signature. See...

Reactions: wireform
Can we see a pic of the tires out of the water?

Did you try cleaning the tires with Magic Eraser?

I would say as you both have a plaster pool, for some reason the wheels are spinning with diminished movement so they're rubbing out on the rough cement. Not familiar enough with those but there's probably an adjustment to keep the wheels from slipping causing that. I saw the same model robot used in two different pools one being vinyl and the other plaster. The robot in the plaster pool always has more tire wear because when it struggles to climb for whatever reason the wheels spin and wears the rubber off like a sand paper effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtpipkin
Thanks a lot wireform. You are correct, my sweep does not climb like it should because it kept getting stuck on the sweep hose wall fitting so I adjusted it so it would not climb as well. Another problem I have with this sweep and polaris sweeps as well is they never seem to stretch out completely, so the hose always has a cirlcle in the middle. Consequently, when it gets to the end of the pool where it should start to climb the wall it does not. It spins and burns rubber like you said. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: wireform
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.