gregorym59

Oct 23, 2021
Estero, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have a Pentair EasyTouch PSL4 with ScreenLogic. Want to install a Pentair IS4 Spa Side Remote. Connected the IS4 wiring to test operation; as soon as I put switched the breakers back on the air bubbler turned on and wouldn’t shut off. The IS4 buttons controlled nothing. The bubbler wouldn’t turn off via ScreenLogic. I shut off power, disconnected the IS4, turned power on and everything returned to normal function and control using the ScreenLogic app. The IS4 is brand new. Not sure if system can’t run the IS4 with SL, or it it’s a faulty IS4, or something else. Configured the IS4 buttons as Spa, Spa High, Bubbler, and Lights using the ScreenLogic configure app. Thanks.

Do you have a multimeter?

You know how to check continuity?

Here is the schematic for the Pentair OS4 remote. It soudsn like a button may be stuck closed. Check for open continuity between the BLACK wire and each of the button wires. And then check if you press the button you have a closed circuit.

Either you have a stuck button or you didn't wire something correctly at the panel.

Pentair_Spaside_4_Button_Remote_Schematic.jpg

Greg,

You have the "lite" version of the EasyTouch that has a limited set of functions.

I don't see the spa side remote listed as an option when I look at the sell info sheet. I didn't look really hard, so I may have missed it.

I did see it in the manual... So, my guess is you mis-wired it.

I know that ScreenLogic will let you enter 5 billion schedules and won't every tell you that the Lite version is limited to 4 schedules max. It would not surprise me if it let you enter spa side info, whether it works or not.

These are all momentary buttons, so if you have an ohmmeter, you should be able to test the spa side remote pretty easily.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you have a multimeter?

You know how to check continuity?

Here is the schematic for the Pentair OS4 remote. It soudsn like a button may be stuck closed. Check for open continuity between the BLACK wire and each of the button wires. And then check if you press the button you have a closed circuit.

Either you have a stuck button or you didn't wire something correctly at the panel.

Pentair_Spaside_4_Button_Remote_Schematic.jpg

Thanks. Will check.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.