Pentair Intellivalve Actuator

deelands

Oct 13, 2022
Dallas
Hey all, Happy Thanksgiving!
I noticed this leak today at this actuator and it seems to be leaking at the rusty screw. How would y’all go about this without buying a new replacement? Ive been looking for replacement parts online but I can’t find anything. Any help on troubleshooting a leak and how to find replacement pieces (screws / o-rings) that would fit this actuator would be appreciated!

dee,

Just to be clear... No water runs through the actuator. The actuator is just moving the valve right below it.

It looks like the seals on your valve need to be replaced.

Something like this.. https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MTo3NzkyODA0NzgxMjYwODYzOjE2NjkzMzQzMTU6c3BfYXRmOjIwMDAxMjA0NDg3Mzk3MTo6MDo6&url=/ATIE-PoolSupplyTown-Diverter-Valve-Replacement/dp/B07MXSV5S8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=jandy+valve+repair+kit&qid=1669334315&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1&smid=A2P38V7C7755KW

Not sure the link above is for your specific valve, just posted so you knew what was available.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: deelands
Water leaks past the O ring on the valve stem that gets up to the actuator.

You need a closer look at the valve under the actuator to determine if it is a Pentair or Jandy valve to get the correct O ring kit.

dee,

Just to be clear... No water runs through the actuator. The actuator is just moving the valve right below it.

It looks like the seals on your valve need to be replaced.

Something like this.. https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MTo3NzkyODA0NzgxMjYwODYzOjE2NjkzMzQzMTU6c3BfYXRmOjIwMDAxMjA0NDg3Mzk3MTo6MDo6&url=/ATIE-PoolSupplyTown-Diverter-Valve-Replacement/dp/B07MXSV5S8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=jandy+valve+repair+kit&qid=1669334315&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1&smid=A2P38V7C7755KW

Not sure the link above is for your specific valve, just posted so you knew what was available.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for teaching me something!

Water leaks past the O ring on the valve stem that gets up to the actuator.

You need a closer look at the valve under the actuator to determine if it is a Pentair or Jandy valve to get the correct O ring kit.
Thank you, I’ll get in there and take a closer look. Is there a way to measure the o-ring so i can make sure I buy the correct repair kit?

Thank you, I’ll get in there and take a closer look. Is there a way to measure the o-ring so i can make sure I buy the correct repair kit?
You need to remove the four screws holding the actuator onto the valve stem and lift off the actuator.

Once you identify the valve manufacturer there will just be one size O ring for it.

Reactions: deelands
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.