Pentair Intellitouch Firmware Update

Shadow Lord

Oct 27, 2013
Hello All,

Long time lurker, infrequent poster here. I was poking around in my Pentair system and noted that we are running FW 1.170 where as the latest firmware is 1.190. I have already found and read through the thread telling me how to update the FW (including the programmers needed, the cables, adapter board, etc.). However, I still had some questions and after looking around the Pentair site I could not find any good info and updating the firmware so I was hoping to get some more info here.

1. Is there a readme or a history file of what is fixed with the firmware? I found one thread mentioning a correction to dates past 2020 but is that the only fix?
2. I wanted to verify that when people speak of Indoor vs. Outdoor board what is being referred to is the remote control (indoor) and the panel by the equipment (outdoor), correct?
3. What is the difference between Trainer and (I guess) non-trainer? In some posts I saw a reference to this and looking at the files available on the Pentair site I see a set of files (Indoor/Outdoor) for FW 1.90 for Intellitouch Trainer and one set simply for Intellitouch. All the files have the same size but the CRCs are different between the Trainer/Non-Trainer version so the FW code must be different. How do I know which to use? Is there an advantage to one vs. another?

My system: Intellitouch i9+3, Controller FW: 1.170, ScreenLogic with Protocol Adapter 5.2 Build 738.0 and matching configurator

TIA!

Last edited:
Hey Shadow, been a long time!

1. The zip packages - before 2.190 anyway - all had a master readme that listed the firmware changes. The 2.180 file had the readme, but I don't have it handy
2. For the intellitouch the UOC is the outdoor board (UOC = universal outdoor controller) and the UIC is the indoor wall-mounted panel (UIC = universal indoor controller). The "remote" for an intellitouch is the Mobiletouch (1 or 2)
For the Easytouch the same UOC/UIC descriptions apply, but the "remote" for an Easytouch is the wireless handheld remote (aka UWC, or universal wireless controller)
3. The Intellitouch "trainer" firmware is what is installed on a "Service Panel" (a UIC that service techs can plug into your outdoor panel), and for the Trainer system which is basically a PVC board with a 12v power supply, a UIC, UOC, is-4 spa controller and an is-10 spa controller mounted to it. The trainer firmware does not retain programming when powered off. I don't think you want to use these.

found the 2.190/1.190 notes for the intellitouch (2.190 is mobitouch)...

Version 1.190 4/01/19
Fixed long standing bug with Pool-Spa-Cleaner interlock
Fixed issue with VSF pump
Fixed a number of minor issues
Fixed issue with Real Time Clock setting only allowing up to the year 2020. Now wraps 2035

Hey Shadow, been a long time!

2. For the intellitouch the UOC is the outdoor board (UOC = universal outdoor controller) and the UIC is the indoor wall-mounted panel (UIC = universal indoor controller). The "remote" for an intellitouch is the Mobiletouch (1 or 2)

3. The Intellitouch "trainer" firmware is what is installed on a "Service Panel" (a UIC that service techs can plug into your outdoor panel), and for the Trainer system which is basically a PVC board with a 12v power supply, a UIC, UOC, is-4 spa controller and an is-10 spa controller mounted to it. The trainer firmware does not retain programming when powered off. I don't think you want to use these.

Hi Tom,

Yes it has been. What can I say the darn thing has been running smoothly with no issues :)

Thanks for the info. Looks like then I will need to get the IntelliTouch Only firmware Zip File. Interestingly, the other file (the one for the easytouch which included the trainer FW files) has some interesting CFG files (for the flash programmer) and batch files. If I am reading what you wrote correctly. The indoor control board only refers to the wall mounted indoor button like the Pentair IntelliTouch Indoor Control Panel 520138:
Pentair IntelliTouch Indoor Control Panel 520138

My remote (a MobileTouch) looks very similar but sits on a cradle and would not need to be updated.

Version 1.190 4/01/19
Fixed long standing bug with Pool-Spa-Cleaner interlock
Fixed issue with VSF pump
Fixed a number of minor issues
Fixed issue with Real Time Clock setting only allowing up to the year 2020. Now wraps 2035

Wow. I appreciate you finding this. Is this only available to authorized personnel or is it somewhere on the general site?

Thanks again for all of your help.

The firmware zips used to have an executable "installer" that would run and expand all the required files to the filesystem. That included docs detailing the fw changes, and bat/cfg/s19 files for all boards based on the motorola/freescale 9s12 chips (intellitouch uic/uoc, easytouch uic/uoc/uwc, suntouch, ilink etc.). The .s19 file is the binary code, the .cfg file has the programming commands needed by progz (the pe-micro programming software), and the .bat file calls the command-line programming utility (cprogz) with the cfg file and programming adapter details.

The easytouch zip they now have on the site doesn't have a readme inside and oddly has the intellitouch trainer s19 files only. The intellitouch zip only contains the .s19 files for the Intellitouch indoor and outdoor controllers (UIC and UOC). No docs, .bat or .cfg files.

The last update that was complete contained Easytouch 2.180 and Intellitouch 1.190... I'll attach it to this thread in a bit

I'm pretty sure this has the Intellitouch 1.190 and Easytouch 2.180 firmware...

Attachments

• Installer_061219.zip
    1 MB · Views: 16
Thanks for the file and installer. This one seems to have everything that were available in the three separate zip files and the files to run the programmer. Now to order a $12 programmer from eBay. Did you get this file from Pentair or did you put it together yourself? If from Pentair where did you find it? Thank again for all of your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.