Pentair Intelliflow VS pump "offline" on iAqualink

May 29, 2017
Houston
We had some pumping issues at the weekend and my Husband pressed a lot of buttons. Now we can't control the Pentair VS Pump with the iAqualink. It's set to "schedule" but only runs when you press one of the 4 speed setting on the pump itsself.

What has he done?

We can still operate the water features, but the pump and filtration are on manual, and we're not able to control the salt cell.

Any suggestions appreciated

If the automation is in auto then the pump's screen should say "Display Not Active".. If you can use the pump's control panel, then the pump and automation are not talking to one another.

On a Pentair system this usually means that the com port is bad,,, not sure what it means on your system..

With the power off to everything, I would remove the control cable to the pump, make sure the pins are clean and not corroded and then reconnect the cable and then fire it all back up and see what you get.

What else is connected to your RS-485 buss? SWCG, wireless antennas??? I would also disconnect everything but the pump from the buss and then see if you can get the pump to say "Display not active".

Thanks,

Jim R.

I disconnected everything. All looking good (as expected for a new-ish pump).

I called Pentair - "not our problem"
I called Jandy - "you need a tech visit" (starting $105).

Is there no way we can problem-solve this ourselves? help...?

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!

Somehow the VSP setup got changed. Through intensive internet searching, I realized that "ePump" referrs to Jandy models... when I changed it to Intelliflow VS, it kicked everything back into gear.

Phew! $$$ saved!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.