Pentair IntelliFlo SVRS Clear Drain alarm

wbarrett

Oct 24, 2022
austin tx
I have had issues with my recently ( one month ago) installed Pentair IntelliFlo VS SVRS pump shutting off and displaying the Clear Drain warning.
This last time it shut down after running 30 minutes after the morning start up. After seeing that all baskets did not need cleaning , I backwashed the filter which was just recently backwashed . This seems to satisfy the trigger system for now. (no alarm for the next day)
I have been a pool owner for 45 years and have never experienced anything like this.
I'm thinking I should tell the installers to give me a less sensitive pump. I also hear that this pump is intended for commercial use.
Anyone have advice?

W,

The IntelliFlo SVRS is the worst pump in the world, and I know this because I have one. The IntelliFlo is the gold standard of pool pumps, but when you add the SVRS it becomes the 'brown' standard of pool pumps.

No pool builder in his right mind would install one today. Back in the day, before dual main drains, it made a tiny bit of sense. Only someone looking to get rid of old product would install one on a new pool today.

The main problem is that any surge in water flow will trigger the clear drain warning and shut off the pump. You can't shut off the SVRS nor can you adjust how sensitive it is.

If I turn on my waterfall when my water level is a little on the low side, it will shut off the pump. If I close my filter air vent valve too quickly, it will shut off the pump. If you have a spa and switch from the pool mode to the spa mode it can shut off the pump. Having the pump shut off while the valves are moving can solve this issue.

If you can, I suggest that you have a 'real' IntelliFlo pump installed.

If you can't do that, then you will have to figure out what event is causing the problem and try to work around it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

W,

The IntelliFlo SVRS is the worst pump in the world, and I know this because I have one. The IntelliFlo is the gold standard of pool pumps, but when you add the SVRS it becomes the 'brown' standard of pool pumps.

No pool builder in his right mind would install one today. Back in the day, before dual main drains, it made a tiny bit of sense. Only someone looking to get rid of old product would install one on a new pool today.

The main problem is that any surge in water flow will trigger the clear drain warning and shut off the pump. You can't shut off the SVRS nor can you adjust how sensitive it is.

If I turn on my waterfall when my water level is a little on the low side, it will shut off the pump. If I close my filter air vent valve too quickly, it will shut off the pump. If you have a spa and switch from the pool mode to the spa mode it can shut off the pump. Having the pump shut off while the valves are moving can solve this issue.

If you can, I suggest that you have a 'real' IntelliFlo pump installed.

If you can't do that, then you will have to figure out what event is causing the problem and try to work around it.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim
That's what I have been hearing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.