Pentair Intelliflo pump is not powering on after power surge

Mar 28, 2016
houston, tx
Hi,

I have a Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pool pump. My house had a power surge and damaged a lot of my electronics.

There is power on the display screen of the pentair pump but the motor will not power on. There is no huming noise or anything. It then displays "priming dry". Well, that's becuase the pump is not powering on.

I suspected the power surge had burned out the motor somehow, so I purchased a new motor and replaced it. It still doensn't work !!

Is it possible that it's not receiving enough power? However the display is on.

Thank you.

I suspect the electronics in the pump drive has been damaged.

VS pumps use electronics to control the motor.

What model number pump do you have?

The 2022 Pentair Pump Parts Catalog shows the parts available for your pump.

Reactions: guinness
Unlikely to work, but worth a try

Thanks, I'll give this a shot later this afternoon.

Greddy,

Is your IntelliFlo pump a standalone pump, or do you have some kind of automation? Does your pump have an RS-485 cable that plugs into your pump's control head?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
G,

More than likely, your control head is bad, but I want to make sure you actually checked that the AC input to the pump was 240 volts.

You have to test between the two input wires, L1 and L2, and ensure you get 240 volts AC. You cannot test L1 to gnd and then L2 to gnd as this can give you a false reading.

Only having L1 or L2 is a fairly common failure with bad breakers.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pool pump. My house had a power surge and damaged a lot of my electronics.

If you have space in your panel it's an idea to install a surge protector.

Reactions: greddy09sc
G,

More than likely, your control head is bad, but I want to make sure you actually checked that the AC input to the pump was 240 volts.

You have to test between the two input wires, L1 and L2, and ensure you get 240 volts AC. You cannot test L1 to gnd and then L2 to gnd as this can give you a false reading.

Only having L1 or L2 is a fairly common failure with bad breakers.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I tested L1 and L2 together and got 250+ volts AC. I most likely have a bad control head like you mention. Thank you.

I reset to factory and it still facing the same issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.