Pentair Intellichlor SWG not reading salt correctly

platon20

Bronze Supporter
Oct 13, 2016
DFW/Texas
On the box it has a red light for low salt. On the screenlogic wireless interface, it reads salt level as 0.

However the FAS-DPD test shows a salt level of 3800.

Water temp is currently 60 so the SWG is still running.

I live in the DFW area and my pool temp is about 52, so my ScreenLogic says "Cold water Cutoff" under Delays and Alerts... This will turn on just a single red light on the cell..

If your cell has more than one light on, it is not in cold water cutoff... But, the water temp you see on ScreenLogic is NOT the water temp that shuts the cell off... Inside the flow switch is a thermistor that tells the cell what the water temp is.. It is that thermistor that tells the cell how to adjust the salt test results.. Most likely your thermistor is bad and causing it to read the wrong salt value..

This time of year you are just spitting into the wind trying to use your cell.. It is best to just shut it off and start using Liquid Chlorine...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.