Pentair Intellichlor Power Generator

rixsterNaz

Apr 19, 2020
Arizona
Hi Guys, I have a Pentair SWG that is no longer powering on my salt cell. I have a spare salt cell that I swapped and that did not power on. I then checked the fuse at the bottom of the power box and that was good. I used a voltmeter and check the voltage at the fuse and my reading was 32V which I'm guessing is good as I read somewhere that the transformer should be producing 25-35V. The only thing I see between the fuse and salt cell power cable connecter is a small control board that might be bad? There is a green led bulb on the board that is not lit. Before I go buy a $200 board I wanted to make sure I am not missing anything. Also, would it be worth just buying a new power generator since its only a $100 more? The current generator is about 10-12 years old. Any help would be much appreciated as I am not an expert in electrical troubleshooting.

Naz,

The power supply board's green light should be on.. you need to make sure the 28 volts AC voltage is getting to the board and that the board is converting it into about 40 volts DC..

Seems to me I heard about some issue with the fuse holder, where the fuse was good by the AC volts did not pass through the fuse holder itself.

Here is a pic of my Cell's power supply board. Yours will be different, but similar.. You can see the two red wires coming into the board that bring in the AC volts and the DC volts go out at the connector on the left hand side..

Thanks,

Jim R.

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Naz,

Glad to help..

Think about Marty's suggestion.. Although we are all volunteers, we would have no place to hang out, and try to help others, without the donations that keep this website "on the air"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.