Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information

If it were me, I would try deleting the app from your mobile device and then re-install it. That is a fairly painless procedure and in many instances, something like that seems to work.

The router assigns or issues the IP address to each device on your network.
Peggy, try my last suggestion and lets see what happens.
r.
EDIT: That Pentair app is "buggy" to say the least. By deleting and reinstalling, that might do the trick.

Pool automation panels seem to be glitchy with modern mesh routers. Try setting up a 2.4 ghz guest network for the IntelliCenter to connect to.

Some folks needed to plug their old router in bridge mode and a different SSID to make it work.

The 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz networks on the same SSID seem to confuse the panel?

Which mesh router do you have?

Pool automation panels seem to be glitchy with modern mesh routers. Try setting up a 2.4 ghz guest network for the IntelliCenter to connect to.

Some folks needed to plug their old router in bridge mode and a different SSID to make it work.

The 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz networks on the same SSID seem to confuse the panel?

Which mesh router do you have?
Allen.
There is no issue with her panel connecting. Where she is having the issue, is connecting "locally" between her app and her OCP. The app will not connect to the OCP locally. No problem connecting remotely (via the internet/servers).
r.

If reinstalling the app does not fix it then it is a local network problem...

What are the IP address of the phone and the panel?

Reactions: MyAZPool
Allen.
There is no issue with her panel connecting. Where she is having the issue, is connecting "locally" between her app and her OCP. The app will not connect to the OCP locally. No problem connecting remotely (via the internet/servers).
r.
Ron,
Blowing away the app didn't work....However, we changed the network on the OCP and it works. Go figure. It worked fine on the old network for months. Oh well, don't fight city hall. Maybe it just didn't like that network anymore. Thanks for your help.

Allen,
Got it working locally. BTW, the mesh router is Eero 6.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Ron,
Blowing away the app didn't work....However, we changed the network on the OCP and it works. Go figure. It worked fine on the old network for months. Oh well, don't fight city hall. Maybe it just didn't like that network anymore. Thanks for your help.

Allen,
Got it working locally. BTW, the mesh router is Eero 6.
Peggy,
Great... I know what you mean about those "go figure" moments. It's certainly happened to me.
Bottom line. It works. On to bigger and better things. :p
59.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GCyr
I've been installing my IntelliCenter i5PS to replace my previous Intermatic control system. One thing that I've stumbled on figuring out (which will probably be obvious in hindsight) is how to connect my primary heat pump heater (AquaCal SQ-155). I have my secondary propane heater hooked up to the IntelliCenter from the fireman's switch in the heater to the GAS HEATER (J2) connection. However, I can't figure out where to add another low-voltage switch connected to the AquaCal. Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been installing my IntelliCenter i5PS to replace my previous Intermatic control system. One thing that I've stumbled on figuring out (which will probably be obvious in hindsight) is how to connect my primary heat pump heater (AquaCal SQ-155). I have my secondary propane heater hooked up to the IntelliCenter from the fireman's switch in the heater to the GAS HEATER (J2) connection. However, I can't figure out where to add another low-voltage switch connected to the AquaCal. Thanks for any suggestions.
@rynoshark
Yea, that's a good one. There have been a couple of folks that have used heat pumps with the IntelliCenter but I don't recall anyone trying to use both a heat pump and a gas heater at the same time. The Pentair heat pump would work using RS-485 but not sure on the AquaCal SQ-155.
Should be able to make it work but I'm pretty sure that it will involve the hijacking of the IntelliCenter solar connections.
Since I have no experience doing such a thing, I might suggest that you give tech support a call and see what they have to say about doing that.

If you run into road blocks with the level I tech, ask to speak with a level II tech support rep. They are much more knowledgeable and are able to address issues that are not in the trouble shooting scripts that the level I guys have to stick to.

Let us know how that goes and if you have any problems with tech support helping you out, let us know.

Here is the contact info... r.

Pentair Customer Service / Technical Support -
Customer Service

8 AM to 8 PM — Eastern and Pacific Times
Phone: (800) 831-7133
Fax: (800) 284-4151

Technical Support
Toll Free
(800) 831-7133, * Press 1-1-1-1-1-3 for IntelliCenter

Sanford, North Carolina (8 AM to 8 PM ET)
Phone: (919) 566-8000
Fax: (919) 566-8920

Moorpark, California (5 AM to 5 PM PT)
Phone: (805) 553-5000
Fax: (805) 553-5515

Reactions: rynoshark

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has anyone been able to get the Sunset offset function to work? I cant find the offset function in the touch screen, android app, or the web client. All of the manuals show how you select sunset, then select an offset. It simply does not exist on my hardware. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi All..
FYI.... I was able to garner a tidbit of information from Pentair management just this morning, regarding future IntelliCenter firmware update(s). He asked that I pass this along to any IntelliCenter users that I might know :thumleft: .

There will be a firmware update coming out soon that will significantly improve the remote access experience with the mobile apps and web interface. The release will be 1.05x (final version number TBD) and it is scheduled for release in September with beta testing coming some time before that. This new release will require users to have release v1.047 already installed on their IntelliCenter or this new release will not work. So anyone that has not updated to release v1.047, should do so as soon as possible.

Pentair has updated their downloads web portal with more detailed instructions on how to update IntelliCenter firmware.
Here is the link for you..

Take care...
r.

Hi All..
FYI.... I was able to garner a tidbit of information from Pentair management just this morning, regarding future IntelliCenter firmware update(s). He asked that I pass this along to any IntelliCenter users that I might know :thumleft: .

There will be a firmware update coming out soon that will significantly improve the remote access experience with the mobile apps and web interface. The release will be 1.05x (final version number TBD) and it is scheduled for release in September with beta testing coming some time before that. This new release will require users to have release v1.047 already installed on their IntelliCenter or this new release will not work. So anyone that has not updated to release v1.047, should do so as soon as possible.

Pentair has updated their downloads web portal with more detailed instructions on how to update IntelliCenter firmware.
Here is the link for you..

Take care...
r.
Can you update to 1.047 over the internet from the panel or must it be done via the USB download method?

@joepaiii
You must do it via USB download unfortunately.
The over-the-air (OTA) update method still does not work.
Hmmmm, maybe in this next update, they will fix that. :unsure:
Thanks..
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.