Dolphin Hack for extending cycle time????

Is there a hack to make this thing run longer? Lots of smart people around thinking these things up so I'm just putting it out there.

Not that I'm aware of. I wish there were a way to upgrade the controller to obtain more features (having paid the upcharge).

Mine allows me to set it so that it runs x amount of times a week if I leave it in the pool (which I do) but this one appears to not have that option.

Maddie :flower:

My pool is tiny so I thought this would be a good robot for me.

Dolphin Encore Robotic Pool Cleaner | Pool Supplies Canada

It has a 2 hour cycle time. I assume the power supply is what controls run time but maybe I am wrong. Is there a hack to make this thing run longer? Lots of smart people around thinking these things up so I'm just putting it out there.

Cheers.

Dolphin's cycle times are all controlled by the motor. The programming cannot be changed unless the machine is remote capable.

I just found this thread after starting my own. What is the controller looking for on the motor? Seems like there should be a way around this. I just got mine in yesterday and my controller has all the buttons of the 30i. I was also able to connect with bluetooth and it shows the other options, but when i try to click on them it says it is not available. So there must be some way that it knows it is an Active 20. Now, how can we trick it?

I thought I recall that there is a setting where the robot can start cleaning when power is applied. That is so you can use your home automation. I would then plug it into some smart plug that you can program to cycle the power on and off as many times as you like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.