Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

You have to forward to port 5150 on the IP of your Pi.

Is there an easy way to password protect the webpanel?
I am doing that. Right now internal and external are the same. Not sure why it isn’t working. I have port 4200 and port 5150 forwarded.

edit: as I reported in the GitHub, it’s working. I had to change the connections server from my internal IP to external IP address. Then I set my router to forward internal port to external.

Easy enough.

Last edited:
NjsPC detects my Easytouch8 as a nixie single body... and the screenlogic2 and easy touch controller stop communicating as soon as the RS485 adapter is plugged into the PI (before I even NPM start).

Tried a few different configurations of COM port wires and similar results.

Windows couldn't find the driver for the USB dongle from Amazon but I was able to find some on the net, and it looks of in the device manager.

Any wasy way to test the USB RS485 to make sure it isn't the problem?

Take a look at the Wiki
When there is no communication on RS485 it falls back to a Nixie single body. Once you have it communicating delete the files in the data directory. We have however added code today to automatically redetect a Pentair panel if it comes on line.

Well, show's up at the moment but was down the last hour or so.
2021-05-05_16-31-51.jpg

Nothing new there. :goodjob:

EDIT... Yup, just tried again and now down again... Over the last few hours, it's down more than it's up. :rolleyes:
2021-05-05_17-14-05.jpg
And there in lies the beauty of njspc/dashpanel...

Last edited:
Well, show's up at the moment but was down the last hour or so.
View attachment 329921

Nothing new there. :goodjob:

EDIT... Yup, just tried again and now down again... Over the last few hours, it's down more than it's up. :rolleyes:
View attachment 329944
And there in lies the beauty of njspc/dashpanel...
I won’t say you didn’t warn us…. I just can’t believe how often it’s down (and I’ve only been using it for 2 weeks!). I am so glad I got the port-forwarding working so I can use dashPanel remotely.

Pentair also said there would be a server migration, so hopefully that fixes things too.

@MyAZPool What website/program are you using to poll intellicenter server?

Reactions: MyAZPool
@Candurin
Yes Sir...
As far as the migration goes, if you're going to hold your breath, try to do it with an oxygen mask on. :goodjob:

Whenever I get asked about IntelliCenter.com, my response is.... Intelii-WHAT? I just tell em that I don't use it.. nodejs-poolController/dashPanel is my single "go-to" when I want to interface with the OCP via iPhone/Desktop or the iPad. It's been the life preserver in the rough waters of Pentair. (y)

EDIT: In fact, I should just mount an iPad on the wall and call it good. Looks like the dashPanel was specifically designed for that very platform..

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Candurin
Yes Sir...
As far as the migration goes, if you're going to hold your breath, try to do it with an oxygen mask on. :goodjob:

Whenever I get asked about IntelliCenter.com, my response is.... Intelii-WHAT? I just tell em that I don't use it.. nodejs-poolController/dashPanel is my single "go-to" when I want to interface with the OCP via iPhone/Desktop of iPad. It's been the life preserver in the rough waters of Pentair. (y)
But, but, but, my Apple Watch :p

I have some 38% nitrox in my scuba tanks. I’ll see if I can out-wait Pentair. Lol.

• Haha
But, but, but, my Apple Watch :p

I have some 38% nitrox in my scuba tanks. I’ll see if I can out-wait Pentair. Lol.
Oh yea, and then there is the Apple Watch (grrrr). Don't forget Amazon Alexa, Google Home, etc.. etc... etc...
I don't care... As long as my Raspberry Pi and my login to the GitHub repos continue to work, it's all good... :mrgreen:

@Candurin
You got me so spun up ;) , I almost forgot. Sorry...

Uptime Robot
@MyAZPool In other news, Apple Watch works with dashPanel!

here’s a watch screen shot and a photo of he watch. I forgot Apple Watch does have built in WebKit. All I had to do is send myself a text message with the ip address and voila!

2986BD3D-D45D-422C-B15F-1D417348628D.jpegE2CA2A4C-CAA6-4FA0-B2C2-453F2EA1BE65.png

• Wow
WooHoo.
I got dashPanel on my Apple Watch. :party:
How cool is that?
Finally, pool control on my waterproof smart watch. It just keeps getting better and better...

88E74005-A18C-4974-87E0-1CCE7696FE06_1_105_c.jpeg

The njspc/dashpanel developers (and you) did what a multi-million dollar corporation could not do. :laughblue:
Very Nice!
Thanks @Candurin

Awesome! Glad it worked!

@MyAZPool FYI. If you need to scroll in to read anything, double tap with two fingers and use two fingers on the watch face to move around. Then double tap with two fingers again to scroll out.

For everyone else, there’s a caveat, sadly. This will not work on Apple series 1 or 2 watches as WebKit is not available for those.

I’d like to give @rstrouse visibility in case this can turn into a full watch app (I have no idea how that would even work).

Awesome! Glad it worked!

@MyAZPool FYI. If you need to scroll in to read anything, double tap with two fingers and use two fingers on the watch face to move around. Then double tap with two fingers again to scroll out.

For everyone else, there’s a caveat, sadly. This will not work on Apple series 1 or 2 watches as WebKit is not available for those.
Thanks... Got that part. Is there anyway to save in the list or grid view or do I need to just go to the messages app, open that message and click on the link each time I want to open?

I’d like to give @rstrouse visibility in case this can turn into a full watch app (I have no idea how that would even work).
Yea, and I'd like to also give him and @tagyoureit ,credit and thanks for providing this for all of us. Pool management would not be nearly as much fun without nodejs-poolController, dashPanel and REM.

Thanks... Got that part. Is there anyway to save in the list or grid view or do I need to just go to the messages app, open that message and click on the link?
Unfortunately, you have to keep using the message app. You can also use the mail app, which I plan on doing.

If you don’t use the message app often and just leave the dashPanel “message” open, it should always be available. Same this with mail.

I may stick with mail as I never use that to check emails, whereas messages, I do use on occasion on my watch.

Unfortunately, you have to keep using the message app. You can also use the mail app, which I plan on doing.

If you don’t use the message app often and just leave the dashPanel “message” open, it should always be available. Same this with mail.

I may stick with mail as I never use that to check emails, whereas messages, I do use on occasion on my watch.
Perfect... Understand. That is what I'll do as well...
Thank you Sir....

Perfect... Understand. That is what I'll do as well...
Thank you Sir....
If you click on the link and have dashPanel open and never close the app, it should stay on the dashPanel screen. Even if you go to Home Screen and use other apps, once you click on mail or message (however you did it) it should bring you back to dashPanel.

My method will be to email myself the link and either flag it or make myself a “VIP”. Since I never flag messages and the dashPanel address will be the most recent message I emailed myself, opening mail app on watch and clicking on VIP or flagged folders then my email will be pretty quick (albeit it will take a few steps).

Edit: @MyAZPool that’s the way to go. Email yourself the link, flag the email and done. Open mail, flagged folder and there you go.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.