Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Try a "git pull" for both?

Try incognito mode, could be bad cookies?

rellumd

Jan 15, 2010
North Dallas, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
@Telemachus Thanks for the response, but that's not it. The repo is cloned from GitHub inside the container on each build, so it is guaranteed up to date with no caching issues or it won't complete the build.

IanK

Sep 3, 2021
Australia
Hi, apologies for my ignorance but can the poolController node.js component be used to connect directly to a pool chlorinator without using Intellicentre? I have a rather old Zodiac LM3 that can apparently be used with an external controller (either Polaris E, Jandy Aqualink RS (REV K and L) or Pentair IntelliTouch). would very much like to integrate this with Home Assistant eventually but, for now, just connecting it to a PC controller would be great. From what I read on the Git page (GitHub - tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController: An application to control pool equipment from various manufacturers.) it sounds like it's possible to connect directly to the RS485 bus of the LM3 but, given the in-depth instructions above (brilliant work btw, very useful level of detail!) I am not so sure.
Appreciate your thoughts?

IanK

Sep 3, 2021
Australia
Thanks for replying so quickly. OK, so I should be able to 'just' connect the RS485 adaptor to the relevant bus connections in the LM3 and use the poolControllerjs in place of a pool controller unit then. Cool, in that case I'll give it a crack... with every expectation that it won't work :)

Candurin

Jun 30, 2017
South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
@rstrouse remind me…. What’s the commands for GitHub pulling that we should be performing to keep everything up to date on this? Or, is it more of a “if it ain’t broke” situation.

rstrouse

Jun 17, 2020
California
From the directory where the nodejs-poolController is installed.
git pull
npm i

Then do the same for where dashPanel is installed.

vj950

May 28, 2021
Ohio
Hi,
I finally got my outdoor wifi set. I am trying to set Pi Zero W for njpc/dashPanel since last couple of days. I can get most of my things to show up in njpc. However, the main body shows up as and controls "Solar" instead of "Pool" (Please see the screenshot). I am also uploading my mobiletouch2 screen pictures for comparison (Thumbnails)

In my system, solar heater with system is installed, was once functional and controlled by intellitouch, but has been disconnected (solenoid or "valve mover thingies" are electrically connected to the control panel but not physically on the mechanical valves, master valve knob for solar water pipes are shut off- both outgoing and incoming) by the previous owner of the house due to a leak, but has not been erased from Intellitouch. I will repair it at some point in future, therefore, as a newbie i didn't want to change programming.

As a result, I cannot control heating of the pool. I have figured out that Low-Temp mode on mobiletouch2 is in fact "solar" on njpc. The first Intelliflow VS is the pool pump, but njpc is not associating it with Pool. Since the pool circuit will not show up in "Aux Circuit" tab, I am unable to add it as a feature. There are other circuits that are missing as well (Back Light, Cabana Light). see the Aux-Circuit tab screenshot. When I first set up everything in njpc, EVERYTHING showed up (except the POOL).

The Fountain is run through i5x expansion panel, which itself is not showing up in njpc. For a few hours yesterday, the "Fountain" also did not show up in njpc, this morning miraculously it did.

So I am not sure what I could do. I was looking in the config files in DATA folder, but could not comprehend. Also, I am not sure if changing anything there manually would do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.Aux Circuit.JPGMain.JPG20210918_095603.jpg20210918_095536.jpg20210918_095544.jpg20210918_095551.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

rstrouse

Jun 17, 2020
California
Please open an issue at Issues · tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController. We need to see a replay of the startup code. Pentair does this crazy thing with single body i5S and i9S where they replace the pool body with lo-temp and the spa-body with hi-temp. Essentially, it is the same as a shared body system it just doesn't rotate any valves.

Looking at your screenshots it is pretty obvious that Pentair must hard-code the names for these circuit references and ignores the custom names.

For i5S and i9S:
Pool = Lo-Temp - This has been aliased in the OCP to Solar so what would be Lo-Temp on the OCP is actually showing up in dashPanel as Solar. Interesting that they would ignore this on the controller.
Spa = Hi-Temp - We see this as a single body system so we do not display the Hi-Temp

This would also be the first i5x that we have seen. We have seen the i10x but the i5x must have a different signature than we have since I would have expected there to been 4 more circuits to show up in the aux-circuits tab. njsPC picked it up because your OCP decided to do something with it.

Reactions: MyAZPool