pentair intellibrite replacement?

isriam

Jan 15, 2015
PHX
its probably time to replace a pool light. an LED bought in 2012 seems to have failed and ive been dreading this day. i have 2 pool, 1 spa on different outlets but in sync via intellitouch controls. so i wanted to either a) replace all fixtures and go with a standard LED bulb, or buy a single intellibrite and get back up and running.

what options do i have here? I use the modes on the intellitouch like sunset or royal, but i wouldn't mind reprogramming or turning off/on to make different colors. i just cant see spending $600-800 for a stupid LED light when I just know its gonna go bad again in 3 years.

You might benefit from reading through this post - particularly the last few posts, which address the pros/cons of J&J/Halco and FL Sunseeker. Basically, the Halco lights will sync with Pentair's automation, while the Sunseekers will not. Both have a better warranty (and better reported lngevity - by far) here on the forum. I ended up going the Halco route.

Reactions: MyAZPool
thanks! these are exactly the replies i was looking for. checking out the halco/j&j now!

edit: read all this, only question is can i retain 2 intellbrite and 1 j&j? might have to dig further for that info.

Last edited:
thanks! these are exactly the replies i was looking for. checking out the halco/j&j now!

edit: read all this, only question is can i retain 2 intellbrite and 1 j&j? might have to dig further for that info.
@isriam
Individually, there won't be an issue having 2 IntelliBrites and 1 J&J ColorSpash. Where it might get weird is if you rely heavily on "Lighting Groups." You may get a weird lighting config between the two but I don't think so. If it were my pool, I don't think that I would hesitate in replacing a faulty Pentair IntelliBrite with a J&J ColorSplash.
r.

Last edited:
thanks for the update. Do you know if the -W (white) will affect it?

LPL-F2C-120-100-P xg colorsplash 100' 120v
LPL-F2CW-120-100-P xg colorsplash RGB + white 100' 120v

edit: i'll leave this here in case someone needs to search it in the future but i went ahead and got another intellibrite. was 680 so almost the same price, if it fails i will be going with something else. thank you for the help!

Last edited:
has anyone ever done this replacement? at 269.99 i could do all 3 of my lights for the price of 1 fixture from pentair.

Ah, replaced my light and now my second pool light is acting weird. White doesn't seem to work but red/green do. It was working with the other light broken so is it possible there is a relay/voltage issue or is the light just flaking out?

Ah, replaced my light and now my second pool light is acting weird. White doesn't seem to work but red/green do. It was working with the other light broken so is it possible there is a relay/voltage issue or is the light just flaking out?

Light flaking out.

White=red+green+blue. You probably lost the blue LED.

Reactions: isriam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.