Pentair Intellibrite 5G color - Fail

swreeder70

Mar 15, 2016
Wimberley, TX
My pool is just coming up on 2 years old next month and I just had one of my Intellibrite color LED lights fail. I had halogen lights in my previous pool and probably changed the bulbs once in a 19 year period.

So much for LEDs lasting longer. Doing some searches on the internet it seems that others have had the same problem with these fixtures failing.

Ok, I'm done venting now.

I do have all Pentair equipment and it was installed by the pool builder. Can you confirm that there is a three-year warranty for builder installed equipment? All the information supplied from our build indicates a 1 year warranty.

I do have all Pentair equipment and it was installed by the pool builder. Can you confirm that there is a three-year warranty for builder installed equipment? All the information supplied from our build indicates a 1 year warranty.

It's one year for standalone Pentair equipment installed by a pro. By purchasing multiple Pentair items together and having them installed by a licensed pro, your builder, the warranty gets extended to 3 years. Reach out to your builder.

It's one year for standalone Pentair equipment installed by a pro. By purchasing multiple Pentair items together and having them installed by a licensed pro, your builder, the warranty gets extended to 3 years. Reach out to your builder.

It doesn't matter who installs it and what the purchased was bundled with. The lights are only warrantied for 1 year... Ask me how I know

Reactions: guinness
It doesn't matter who installs it and what the purchased was bundled with. The lights are only warrantied for 1 year... Ask me how I know

This is a true statement. The extended warranty according to the paperwork I have is only for the pump systems. Lights and electronics are only 1 year.

My pool builder is going to bat for me on this, but not sure how far I will get. I do know that Pentair requested the S/N of the unit, which I need to pull the light to get.

This is a true statement. The extended warranty according to the paperwork I have is only for the pump systems. Lights and electronics are only 1 year.

My pool builder is going to bat for me on this, but not sure how far I will get. I do know that Pentair requested the S/N of the unit, which I need to pull the light to get.

Oh, that double sucks. I hope my lights don't go out, cuz I'm well past one year. I've found Pentair CS to be very accomodating when I've had issues in the past. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A good ending to this one. My pool light was repaired under warranty. They came out today and fixed my light. The tech pulled the light and was able to replace the circuit board in the light and all is working now. The board was fried! He also was kind enough to show me how easy it is to replace the board in the event that the light goes out again.

He was on his third call for the day replacing the same light for other customers.

I'll give Pentair a thumbs up for this

Check out J and J Electronics and the LXG lights for replacements - work just as original Pentairs. Their spa bulb is equally rated I think, the pool bulb may not be as bright though - so compare the wattage, but prices are better and very happy one year in with the spa bulb replacement.

So around the time of this thread, I too have had to replace all 5 of these things. Now, 3 years later, Another one went out. The Pentair IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Lights are garbage.
I'm still looking for a replacement.

Just had another one of these go out this week, three years after my first one failed. Having three lights in the pool (two large and one spa sized) makes it expensive to replace all the lights with an alternative option. Not sure what route I am going to take in resolving this.

Pool LEDs, don't believe the hype ;)

Just had another one of these go out this week, three years after my first one failed. Having three lights in the pool (two large and one spa sized) makes it expensive to replace all the lights with an alternative option. Not sure what route I am going to take in resolving this.

Pool LEDs, don't believe the hype ;)
Replacing them with an alternative option is still much cheaper than replacing them with Pentair. Sorry this has happened, unfortunately Pentair bulbs suck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.