Intelliflow pump shuts off when adjusting schedule in screen logic & won’t respond until next 24hr period

Rhoefle

Jun 27, 2022
Tampa, fl
We have a new pool with an pentair easy touch system & intelliflow pump. While pump was running to a schedule I adjusted it on screen logic. ( from 8am-7pm to 8am-5pm.) The modified schedule still should have had the pump continue running. The pump shut off & would not respond to easy touch nor screen logic. I did receive pump comm errors in the screenlogic alert section. I tried cycling power to easytouch panel & pump with no change. i rebooted the iPhone screen logic was running on. I ran a diagnostic on the easytouch panel with no errors. I could hear a relay activating & pump light on in the easy touch panel when toggling the pump button on screenlogic app But no pump activation. I deleted the schedule & entered a new one in screenlogic. I was able to run the pump manually, but when doing so noticed the screenlogic app stated no salt when previously there was 3800. After cycling power on everything I left it alone…the next day the pump worked to the schedule, there was salt in the pool, ie everything ok.

curious if anyone else has experienced this? Is something not set up right by the installer or is this a quirk in the software or safety mechanism that shuts easytouch control down when a schedule change occurs while pump is running?

R,

If you manually turn a scheduled circuit on or off depending on when it happens, it can cause the schedule to get confused and the system will run off of the egg-timer. As you have found out, it will fix itself the next cycle.

I am not sure that is what happened or not and it is too late to look at it now.

Let us know if the problem reoccurs,

Puzzled that you would lose com to the pump, not sure why?

Run a quick test and let me know what you find. When in Auto and Pool mode, go look at the pump and make sure it say "Display not Active". If it does, then go into the Service mode. Wait about a minute and go look at the pump and tell me if it shows a display with RPM or something similar, or if the Screen is blank. Take it out of the Service mode. Let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, in service mode it displayed 0 rpm, o watts & “stopped”. When placed it auto it went back to “display not active”. It sounds like it’s operating as designed. I find it interesting the Software won’t allow motor to resume running when altering the shut off time despite being still within the “on” window & waiting a cycle to start over.

I can accept that, but not sure why comm link error appears. Being from the electronics industry I suspect this is older legacy software they have been trying to patch/update & safeguards are employed as workarounds.

R,

I too don't understand what happened. I have changed schedules when the pump was running without any issues.

I am not sure the problem would reoccur if you did it again.

Yes, your pump is wired to constant AC power like it should be.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.