Pentair IC40 "SUPER CHLORINATION" vs. 100% output setting

brucehenson

Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
Taylors/SC
Hello again.

Tested this morning and FC is starting off low (FC 4.6) and I am expecting swimmers and sunshine today. I turned my IC40 up to 100% thinking that I would need to remember to turn it down later. The manual is not clear about what "SUPER CHLORINATION" actually does. Based on what I've read on this forum the IC40 does not have variable output just a percentage of run time.

To the question...is "SUPER CHLORINATION" simply 100% setting with a timer that will return to the percentage that I have selected once the timer expires?

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce,

Yes... :mrgreen: Super chlorination just automatically shuts off...

That said, we never recommend using it, unless you just want to use up your cell faster...

We recommend just adding some Liquid Chlorine.. It is faster and does not use up the chlorine generation capability of the cell..

Almost all U.S. cells only use a timed based output control, not just the IC40..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: jackrogue
YES.

It’s worthless in almost all circumstances and just shortens cell life. Simply use chlorinating liquid if you need to increase your FC quickly.

Reactions: jackrogue
With Easytouch / Screenlogic you can pick % settings in increments of 1. You set those within the automation system.

Thanks to everyone for responding so quickly. I have returned my cell to 60% and added 40 ounces of 10% liquid chlorine which should result in 1.2 ppm increase per Pool Math.

What would I do without this awesome resource?

You guys are the best,
Bruce

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Boy, Pool Math was dead on. FC is now 6.0 up 1.4 ppm. I didn't measure the Liquid Chlorine out, roughly 1/3 of the gallon jug.

Pool Math predicted 1.2 ppm increase at 40 fluid ounces for my 27,000 gallon pool. The variable's are in the dosage, testing procedure, and pool volume. It is remarkable to get that close!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.