Pentair IC40 Red Low Salt Light on... Salt Not Low. HELP

If it says Com Link Error, the IC is not communicating with the ET. There is a RS485 issue.

See what the cell is reading for water temperature.

See procedure in link below.

Check the communication wire to the Easytouch.
When I hold down more button the lights cycle and no percentage lights come on, but it’s a new cell and has no hours. When press button again the 80 and 100 lights come on which indicates the temp is around 85-90 correct?
Diagnostics still shows zero ppm status and comm error. The Intelliph doesn’t read any salt either. I checked connections in wiring while taking pics but no change.

the really odd thing is…. Why would it work in a bucket if it’s an electronic or comm issue?
More pics coming shortly

85 to 95 degrees.

Is that the actual water temperature?
Yes that is the actual water temp. I keep it set at 87 on the UltraTemp and that is what it reads on both heat pump and easy touch. I will confirm with a thermometer when I get back home to be sure, but it is 90+ outside here, so I doubt temp is low and it feels normal when swimming so I would say its correct

Was the heat pump running when you were trying to get the cell to work?

If the flow is really low and the heat pump is on, the water might be getting too hot.

Make sure that the flow is really good and the heat pump is off and try to get the cell to work.

Redo the communication cable so that the Easytouch can tell you what the salinity reading is.

If the flow is really low and the heat pump is on, the water might be getting too hot.

Make sure that the flow is really good and the heat pump is off and try to get the cell to work.

Redo the communication cable so that the Easytouch can tell you what the salinity reading is.
My flow is really high (almost to point i think pump is too big), so I do not think that is the issue. Pressure usually runs 25-28 with laminars off and 22 with them on, but everything was same last year with no issues. Since I have a cover, generally the unit is cooling and not heating this time of year so water should be cool.

I will move wire off intelliph controller and back to easytouch and check diagnostic again to see if anything has changed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is the date on each cell?

Can you show several more pictures of everything from different angles?

Can you show the wiring inside the Easytouch?
Here are the additional pictures you asked for

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0488.jpg
    IMG_0488.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
My flow is really high (almost to point i think pump is too big), so I do not think that is the issue. Pressure usually runs 25-28 with laminars off and 22 with them on, but everything was same last year with no issues. Since I have a cover, generally the unit is cooling and not heating this time of year so water should be cool.

I will move wire off intelliph controller and back to easytouch and check diagnostic again to see if anything has changed.

the thing that has everyone here really stumped is it works fine in a bucket...as is, everything hooked up as normal. Its just when its put back in line. We put my old cell in the line unhooked from control so pump could run, but had the brand new cell plugged in in the bucket to test. Worked fine as it should, both new and old cell did. Put back in line...low salt. It makes no sense.

Can you post the picture in good resolution?

Is there a communication wire from the SWG power card to the EasyTouch?

full

1624984554229.png
1624984720108.png

I know it sounds hard to believe... so i ran home and repeated the bucket test.

see attached pics of the test

Pic of tag on new cell.
1. swapped cells leaving new cell plugged in to intelliph control as normal and placed in bucket of water straight from pool near returns. put old cell in line just so i could run pump.
2. held flow sensor down to simulate flow.
3. lights flashed normal amount of time, then all went green and started foaming to produce chlorine
4. lights went green on intelliph as they should
5. still have comm error in diagnostics
6. put new cell back in place and lights flashed extremely long time, then went low salt and red light on intelliph

Water temp is correct at around 87 degrees.

I changed nothing else in settings, everything was on as I normally operate the pool. Heat pump was on, but wasnt running because pool was at designated temp.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8
the comm error is a secondary concern, if it is not the cause... just trying to get it producing chlorine like it always has. I pretty much just run and set it on the intelliph control. I dont use the easy touch much except to turn on lights... screen logic never has worked well....another issue lol

You have something connected to all 3 com ports.

What goes to what?

Can you post pictures in better resolution?

Blurry pictures are difficult to see.

Can you show the J20 com port in the EasyTouch?

You have something connected to all 3 com ports.

What goes to what?

Can you post pictures in better resolution?

Blurry pictures are difficult to see.

Can you show the J20 com port in the EasyTouch?
here you go.

J1 com2 seems to run to heat pump
J2 com1 runs to the Screen Logic switch up in the attic
J3 com3 runs to SWG on J20 on main board

i also included pic of control panel showing lights and laminars on their switches

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 4

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.