Pentair IC20 salt cell replacement

sandman98

Silver Supporter
Aug 17, 2016
Warminster, PA
Hello everyone! Haven't posted for a while, since our pool has been running "Trouble Free" for a few years. Approaching 7 years on our original equipment, so I was looking at picking up a replacement salt cell for the inevitable failure. Can I use an IC40 replacement cell in my system? Cost is about $100 more than the current IC20 cell. I figure I'd be ahead of the game since it should last a bit longer than the "20". Also, does anyone know if they are the same size--i.e. is it a direct drop-in replacement? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cost is about $100 more than the current IC20 cell. I figure I'd be ahead of the game since it should last a bit longer than the "20"
You will run it exactly half as often to produce the same amount FC. As such, it's lifespan is doubled. It is literally buying your next IC20, for $100. Upsizing always works heavily in your favor.

Swapping mine took 10 minutes from the happy dance on the porch when it arrived, opening it, stopping at the garage for channel locks, and walking out back and replacing it.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

You should have a discount code for Marina from when you became a TFP supporter. Talk to Margaret about getting the discount.

The warranty starts when it’s purchased so if you don’t install it for a year or two you lose that much off of the warranty if it proves to be defective later on.

Reactions: Newdude
I bought a new IC before the original completely expired. It was doing some odd things so bought a new one and installed. Kept the old one for an emergency backup. That way you do not lose any 'warranty'.

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.