Pentair heater not working

In the manual there is a trouble shooting guide. Do you have gas to the heater? Can you tell if the electronic ignitor tried to click on? The pool pump must be on first before heater will kick on. Heater will kick on only if its set temperature is higher than the current water temperature, thus check the panel on the heater. Can you see any lights? When was last time it was working properly? Maybe post a picture of the panel and any model number could help investigation.

In the manual there is a trouble shooting guide. Do you have gas to the heater? Can you tell if the electronic ignitor tried to click on? The pool pump must be on first before heater will kick on. Heater will kick on only if its set temperature is higher than the current water temperature, thus check the panel on the heater. Can you see any lights? When was last time it was working properly? Maybe post a picture of the panel and any model number could help investigation.

Pool temp is 80 and the heater is set to 86. It turns on and clicks 3-4 times over a 1-2 minutes then shuts off. I can smell gas so there appears to be gas flowing. When it was working a few weeks ago I could hear the heater "fire" now I don't.

OK. Is there any LED light lit on the control panel. There is 1 noted as Service Heater LED or Service System LED. If neither is lit and does not fire it could be a control board issue. You could try to reset the heater/control panel by turning off the power to the heater for at least 5 seconds. Then try again. There are numerous other conditions but it does feel like an ignition Control module issue or possibly a pressure switch. Keep us informed.

You'll have to take the panel off and look for LED's as @HermanTX notes. Depending on which LED it should lead you to what has quit working. Use Google and Youtube once you know what has failed. I had a similar problem with my Pentair heater last year. After determining which LED was on and what part was at "fault" I ordered the replacement on Amazon - replaced it myself and was back up and running in 24 hours.

Just as an example - this is the part that was at fault and was super simple to replace and get back up and running. Amazon.com : Pentair 42001-0063S Electrical System High Limit Switch Replacement Pool and Spa Heater : Swimming Pool Heaters : Garden & Outdoor

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.