Pentair - EC-522104 - Interface for Mobile Devices

Oct 3, 2010
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, I'm a little confused by the EC-522104 that I just bought and received. It shows on the diagram that it needs a CAT 5 running from it to my wireless router. If so, that means I need to run a CAT5 from my easytouch panel to a network jack which isn't going to be fun. When I ordered it, I was under the assumption it would join my wireless network like any other wireless device. Am I misunderstanding the docs?

Russ,

I am not sure where you are looking, but there is no cat 5 cable required between the EasyTouch and anywhere.. The only cat 5 cable goes from the Protocol adapter to your home network.

There should be an antenna-looking transceiver close to the EasyTouch, and then inside your house you should have an inside transceiver plus the Protocol adapter. The cable the connects the inside transceiver and the Protocol adapter comes with the kit.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hmm, maybe that's what's inside the box that's inside the box. I'll have to go thru the steps and see what I end up with. So now that I have this, is it silly to also still continue using the wireless remote as well? If so, maybe I didn't need to replace my wireless remote PCB after all.

Russ,

A lot of people use both a wireless remote, as well as ScreenLogic. I only have ScreenLogic and can't think of any reason that I would install a remote. :scratch:

Keep in mind that the transceivers for ScreenLogic are not the same as for the Pentair wireless remotes.. If you use both the remote and ScreenLogic, you will have two antennas at the EasyTouch, and two transceivers inside the house..

I also use my PC about 95% of the time.. It might be different if I had to use my phone..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.