Pentair Easytouch Remote - Seeking Recommendations to Diagnose 'No Comm' Error

Jul 27, 2017
Fulshear, TX
I have a Pentair Easytouch (8) control system with the Easytouch Wireless Remote that is not connecting to the control panel and reading 'No Comm'.

It started to loose connection with the panel last weekend. I was able to reconnect the remote two times by doing the following:
- Power down the control panel at the main breaker and then power back up
- On the control panel, go into 'menu', then 'settings', then 'wireless address'; the main panel indicates it is sending the address
- On the remote, go into 'menu', then 'settings', then 'wireless address'; the remote then searches for the signal

This morning, this process did not work; the remote continued 'searching' and didn't find the address.

I am looking for recommendations to diagnose the problem. My wireless remote batteries are fresh, my antenna is located under a covered porch and therefore, out of the elements.
Approx. 2 months ago, I purchased a Warrior Pool cleaner therefore, I deleted the program associated with my previous pool cleaner booster pump. In addition, I had to replace the GFCI outlet on the right side of the panel which protects my pool lighting circuit (previous GFCI failed). The pool remote worked find after those modifications.
Thanks!

Thanks!

Hey UC,
it looks like you're attempting to pair them correctly...

on the back of the remote is an fcc id... does it end in EASYTOUCH or EASYTOUCH2A? (this will tell us which radio chipset you have... in case you need to replace the transceiver card, there are two different ones and they are not interchangeable)

what are the leds on the transceiver card doing? the 485 led should flash every second or so. the rf link led flashes when it receives a command from the remote (which it won't do if it's not paired). the card is damaged if they're both blinking at the same time (both blinking in a repeating 6-flash pattern is a sure sign of a dead card).

if you're not seeing 485 activity, check the cable from the card to the outdoor board. shut off the power and use a multimeter to verify that each line has continuity and that there are no shorts.

does your vs pump still talk to the outdoor board?

Hey UC,
it looks like you're attempting to pair them correctly...

on the back of the remote is an fcc id... does it end in EASYTOUCH or EASYTOUCH2A? (this will tell us which radio chipset you have... in case you need to replace the transceiver card, there are two different ones and they are not interchangeable)

what are the leds on the transceiver card doing? the 485 led should flash every second or so. the rf link led flashes when it receives a command from the remote (which it won't do if it's not paired). the card is damaged if they're both blinking at the same time (both blinking in a repeating 6-flash pattern is a sure sign of a dead card).

if you're not seeing 485 activity, check the cable from the card to the outdoor board. shut off the power and use a multimeter to verify that each line has continuity and that there are no shorts.

does your vs pump still talk to the outdoor board?
Thanks for the response.....
My easytouch remote FCC ID is P4easytouch2A.

I pulled the cover off of the transceiver (antennae) and did not see any LEDs lighting up. I went to the control panel, went into the menu, settings, wireless to send a signal and attempt to pair the system with the remote, and did not see any LEDs.

I am having no other issues with the system communicating with the pumps, heater, etc. The pool continues to run its programs as normal.

My trans receiver is mounted under my patio cover and wire was run underground all the way to the pool control cabinet. I need to check continuity.

when you said you're not seeing any leds turning on, does that include the power led as well?

there should be 10-15 volts dc on the red/black terminals at the card (be careful not to short the yel/green to power while you test it). if not then there's probably something up with the cabling. power everything off if you need to pull any wires out of the screw terminals

Pentair 520946z.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.