Pentair easytouch control panel not working

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Sorta freaking out here. I put our panel in Service Mode late yesterday afternoon to drain the pool. Seven hours later started the refill which completed this morning at 7:30. I went to take it out of service mode but the display is blank even after pushing the Mode or Menu button, resetting the breakers. There are 4 toggle switches in the upper right corner, are they something I should try switching off and on?

Attachments

• Easytouch Display.jpg
    Easytouch Display.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 6
I don't think those are toggle switches, those are breakers also. I think they are a switch on only type of breaker so you can't cycle them. You can try though. I know that my panel is configured so that the panel power is turned on by a breaker in my main house fuse panel, not the breakers in the easytouch itself. Might check there and cycle your pool breaker in your house panel also.

Reactions: Yorker
Thanks miatawnt! I assumed the breakers in the panel for the pumps, SWG, etc were not the issue but still in my "OMG! I've got standing water and 100+ temps coming today" I thought it was worth a try. I had also reset the breaker on our main service panel that powers the Easytouch. I'll try cycling the "mini" breakers in the upper right corner when I get back out there. Is there a limit to how many hours it can be placed in service mode?

OK, I tried to reset those "mini" breakers, but they do not budge from the up position. Another thing I realized, there is power going to the backyard because other elements powered by breaker the sub-panel breaker (landscape lighting, electrical outlets) are working.

Last edited:
The ET should not have powered down in Service mode. Check the breakers in the ET panel. Check the pump display to see if the pump has power.
@Jimrahbe will chime in when he comes online.

Y,

Looks like you have lost power to the EasyTouch or at least the system transformer..

Do you have a voltmeter?

After you put it in the Service mode, did you turn off any of the breakers inside the EasyTouch?

Did you do anything other than drain your pool? I assume you used a sump pump.. If so, where did you plug the sump pump in??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Geeze'us! Thanks Marty and Jim. I turned off all the Easytouch breakers. The SWG breaker was already off, I did that is morning since there was no salt in the pool. When I turned all the breakers back on, the panel lit up. I REALLY hate to admit this, I should have read my own label.

NOW, I was looking for the order to re-balance (in my searches Icould not find this on TFP)
1 - FC (liquid Chlorine for now)
2 - MA for PH
3 - CYA
4 - Salt
no need for sequestrant - right?

Attachments

• IMG_5854.JPG
    IMG_5854.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 7
NOW, I was looking for the order to re-balance (in my searches Icould not find this on TFP)
1 - FC (liquid Chlorine for now)
2 - MA for PH
3 - CYA
4 - Salt
no need for sequestrant - right?
Great you got it back to running.
Good plan. Start the CYA dissolving, add some chlorine, add the salt.
No sequestrant is needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.