Pentair easytouch control panel not working

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Sorta freaking out here. I put our panel in Service Mode late yesterday afternoon to drain the pool. Seven hours later started the refill which completed this morning at 7:30. I went to take it out of service mode but the display is blank even after pushing the Mode or Menu button, resetting the breakers. There are 4 toggle switches in the upper right corner, are they something I should try switching off and on?

Attachments

• Easytouch Display.jpg
    Easytouch Display.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 5

miatawnt2b

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I don't think those are toggle switches, those are breakers also. I think they are a switch on only type of breaker so you can't cycle them. You can try though. I know that my panel is configured so that the panel power is turned on by a breaker in my main house fuse panel, not the breakers in the easytouch itself. Might check there and cycle your pool breaker in your house panel also.

Reactions: Yorker

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Thanks miatawnt! I assumed the breakers in the panel for the pumps, SWG, etc were not the issue but still in my "OMG! I've got standing water and 100+ temps coming today" I thought it was worth a try. I had also reset the breaker on our main service panel that powers the Easytouch. I'll try cycling the "mini" breakers in the upper right corner when I get back out there. Is there a limit to how many hours it can be placed in service mode?

OK, I tried to reset those "mini" breakers, but they do not budge from the up position. Another thing I realized, there is power going to the backyard because other elements powered by breaker the sub-panel breaker (landscape lighting, electrical outlets) are working.

Last edited:

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
The ET should not have powered down in Service mode. Check the breakers in the ET panel. Check the pump display to see if the pump has power.
@Jimrahbe will chime in when he comes online.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Y,

Looks like you have lost power to the EasyTouch or at least the system transformer..

Do you have a voltmeter?

After you put it in the Service mode, did you turn off any of the breakers inside the EasyTouch?

Did you do anything other than drain your pool? I assume you used a sump pump.. If so, where did you plug the sump pump in??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yorker

Silver Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cathedral City, CA
Geeze'us! Thanks Marty and Jim. I turned off all the Easytouch breakers. The SWG breaker was already off, I did that is morning since there was no salt in the pool. When I turned all the breakers back on, the panel lit up. I REALLY hate to admit this, I should have read my own label.

NOW, I was looking for the order to re-balance (in my searches Icould not find this on TFP)
1 - FC (liquid Chlorine for now)
2 - MA for PH
3 - CYA
4 - Salt
no need for sequestrant - right?

Attachments

• IMG_5854.JPG
    IMG_5854.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 7

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
NOW, I was looking for the order to re-balance (in my searches Icould not find this on TFP)
1 - FC (liquid Chlorine for now)
2 - MA for PH
3 - CYA
4 - Salt
no need for sequestrant - right?
Great you got it back to running.
Good plan. Start the CYA dissolving, add some chlorine, add the salt.
No sequestrant is needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.